When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Just received my 286, can't set time... help!

ahro23

I posted this in the repair subforum but wanted to bounce this one off you guys to see if anyone ran into the problem I'm having:

Just received my first new rep from Andrew this afternoon and was SUPER excited. I took a whole bunch of pics (which I'll post in a review thread later), set the rubber strap into the right spot on the deployment buckle then tried to set the time and that's where things went bad....

I opened up the crown guard and pulled out the crown to set the time. It came out but when I turned it nothing happened to the hands. I figured maybe I didn't pull it out enough, pulled a little more and heard a pretty satisfying click (as with normal watches) and the crown would turn with almost no resistance and nothing would happen to the hands. I took the crown guard off to see what was going on and the crown just came out along with a tiny spring:

IMAG0391_zps0152aaf9.jpg

IMAG0392_zps153be9d5.jpg

I did a quick search about this little spring and I guess it's common with Panerais for water resistance? I picked the watch up over lunch so didn't really have a ton of time to play with it, but I'm really not sure what to do here. I'll try to put the spring back on the little post and see if I can line up the crown correctly but does anyone else have any recommendations? Thank you in advance!  :)

MODS: I'm sorry for creating this thread twice but I wanted to hit the Panerai crew too. Please feel free to move/merge as you see fit :)

Edited by ahro23