When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Reviving a Tag Calibre 16 Day Date Chronograph - Old Machine in a New Body

HyperEscape

I have one very urgent salvage situation for which I need the recommendation about its possibility.

Recently my tag carrera calibre 16 day-date fell off from my hand from some height when I was outside in a market. I bought it from tony, which is always a very supportive and customer focused seller. Following is my exact watch

http://asian7750.com/cn/product_show.asp?big_pid=&ps_id=92&P_id=1394&ti=

The glass is broken and all needles, the three main dial hands (second, hour, minute) and the three small sub dial needles were separated and lost.

I have got it checked from a watch repair shop locally and the machine and movement 7550 is working fine and the date wheel is changing dates. So my machine is ok.

I am thinking of ways to salvage this watch. Is it possible that I am able to procure all the following parts :

1. Main body, casing, with bracelet and two side buttons with crown.
2. A set of all needles (big and small) in the watch.

If possible then basically I want an empty casing complete with the front dial glass and black tachymetre ring fixed in place (and hence water resistant from the front), minus the machine (movement).

If it can be bought then maybe I can open the empty back casing to get my old machine (A7750) fixed in a new body and save my precious watch make it working again. I hope this idea can work because I really liked this watch.

I need suggestions and advices from the watch pros that how workable can such a transformation be. And if possible what are the steps I need to take care of . Any guidance or recommendation would be highly appreciated, especially if you can point me to a pictorial guide of the same or any other similar watch overhaul.

Thanks.

Curious, why did the watch fall from your wrist. I bought one of these on a bracelet recently and the clasp failed 20 minutes after I put it on, I have not been able to wear it since. Interestingly, mine also came from Tony, not that it makes much difference which dealer a watch came from.