When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Changing Insert on TC V6

K_C

Hi Guys i recently purchased a TC V6 Sub and decided to change the vintage insert for a gen one... in the process i've taken off the whole bezel assembly to where you can remove the crystal and struggling to get it back on. Can i do this myself by hand or would i need to take it to a watch repair shop?

Thanks

If you have removed the TC bezel assembly then I'm afraid you will now need to carefully align the crystal, insert, AND bezel ring so the click is spot on, ALL whilst using a press to press the assembly back on, but not before ensuring the o-ring on the underside of the assembly is in its channel.

Just hope you haven't kinked, or bent the bezel assembly, because if you have, you will not only lose water resistance due to using a gasket twice but also have a wonky, loose bezel which may not rotate as it should.

Edited by SSTEEL

I've always used a crystal press to put the crystal retaining ring on- it should be fairly tight and you have to make sure the gasket on the bottom is correctly positioned.

The bezel usually will go on by hand- thumbs that is. But I have pressed the bezel and the insert on before with the press.

thanks for the replies guys, its been a bit of a nightmare... I managed to get it to a watch shop straight after posting on here and spent over an hour there untill he closed. the watch is back together now with the use of a bezel press but in the process the bezel click spring disappeared and theres a temporary one in there out of another watch but its got a lot of play in it and the bezel slightly rocks up and down as tho its loose, which makes me think about what 'ssteel' said about possibly kinking or bending the bezel assembly ... feel like i shouldn't have bothered trying to change the insert in the 1st place as now the watch is worse off.

thanks

No worries! You will need a press how ever to push that bezel down properly. The TC stock gasket is very weak and is not very secure. Also it is too tall IMO. I swapped it out for a high end replacement and my date mag is perfect and it takes effort to rotate it on the watch. If it's spinning around freely or it takes very slight touch to rotate the crystal it needs a tighter gasket