When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Super Swiss Marlin Fiddy arrival

astonjenks

Bloody Customs guys caught me for £42.69 Import duties today for my Fiddy however happy to pay and will wear her out tonight on her JV strap that has been waiting for weeks to be fitted. I will post more shots when I get chance. She has a gen crystal in an EL case with a wonderful Swiss movement which has been beautifully converted and modded by the master Marlin whom I would like to thank very much.

Regards

AJ

post-48021-0-86403800-1397237989_thumb.j

post-48021-0-02540000-1397238002_thumb.j

• Like 2

It a Swiss movement originally fitted into the EL case with brand new PAM bridges curtousy of Marlin.

AJ

Actually this is far from the standard 6497-1 Swiss movements originally fitted into the rep watches, this is a true Swiss 6497-2 movement, the same as the one found in the gen but this has the rep bridges. Everything on the movement is gen ETA 6497-2 parts except for the bridges and swan neck components. If you look under the balance you will see the ETA stamp and the numbers 6497-2. 

Hey AJ don't sell yourself short man, you have a winner here :clap2:

• Like 1

Damn nice piece and strap!

How easy are those rep bridges to get hold of? I've been keeping an eye out for similar bridges, movements or a whole watch head but everyone I've seen so far (for sale) has just been the horrid stick on plates with an undecorated bridge underneath.

There's more and more of these stick on things coming out and they nearly all look just daft, they're almost never aligned up properly!

Actually this is far from the standard 6497-1 Swiss movements originally fitted into the rep watches, this is a true Swiss 6497-2 movement, the same as the one found in the gen but this has the rep bridges. Everything on the movement is gen ETA 6497-2 parts except for the bridges and swan neck components. If you look under the balance you will see the ETA stamp and the numbers 6497-2. 

Hey AJ don't sell yourself short man, you have a winner here :clap2:

Thanks Marlin, you're the expert for sure!

Regards

AJ

Damn nice piece and strap!

How easy are those rep bridges to get hold of? I've been keeping an eye out for similar bridges, movements or a whole watch head but everyone I've seen so far (for sale) has just been the horrid stick on plates with an undecorated bridge underneath.

There's more and more of these stick on things coming out and they nearly all look just daft, they're almost never aligned up properly!

Email Marlin, he is the TOP guy!

AJ