When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Loss of Parcel / Customs?

Siz1987

Hi All,

I'm a noob, ordered my first watch from HK, a H Factory Pam 88, was shipped promptly by Hong Kong Post and arrived in the UK 11.04.2014.

Hong Kong Post's tracking system is rubbish and has not updated, all they can tell me is that the parcel is in the UK.

Is not showing up on the Parcelforce system, where is it?! With customs?!

Your help appreciated!

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seeing that this is your first post, and your first order, I think its apt to tell you that you need to be patient when waiting for orders to arrive.

Do not track it everyday and expect real-time changes, I have had parcels arrive and the tracking never updated accordingly to reflect the "delivered" status.

How long is it since the parcel was shipped anyway?

Our UK friends would be able to advise you better, but in summary, relax and don't get your knickers in a bunch, your watch will turn up in good time.  

Thanks, it was shipped mId March, took a while with Hong Kong Post. Hopefully it will be fine, the anticipation is killing me!

Mid March? That would be around 3 weeks?

I think its still within the delivery schedule, maybe the UK guys here could chime in.

It was recieved by HK Post 4th, left HK 9th, arrived UK 11th - trace now gone quiet!

oh, relax mate, the cycle looks familiar. Unless the parcel tracking status says seized or something, treat it as the usual delay due to postal inefficiency. :D

Got to agree with the others here it can take several weeks after landing in the UK to get through customs and out for delivery, best way is to relax and treat it like a surprise when it does show up, as there really is no way to know what is being dealt with at easter time!

What's the process in uk for seized items of an individual nature?

I believe you will get a letter and it could come from one of three sources

1 A little outfit that knows the watch is a rep (after inspection) and sends a letter asking for money but they do this before talking to the watch manufacturer. They'll ask for an arbitrary amount ranging from sensible to downright stupid.

2 A letter from customs stating the watch is counterfeit, they have confiscated it on behalf of the manufacturer and it will be crushed.

3 A letter direct from the manufacturer saying its counterfeit, who did you get it from, how many have you ordered, etc, etc.

You could get letter 1 and then 3, or 2 and then 3, or 2, 1 and then 3.

The (almost) universally accepted advice is to say you know nothing about it, what watch? There's no way they can prove otherwise, so no matter what threats they may make about court, just stick to your guns.

I have read a couple of posts from people who have got their watches released from customs, but not recently, and not anyone I know.

Of course another path is they may accept the watch (or pretend they think it is) genuine and then send you an import duties bill for the duty you need to pay on the full new price of the gen version of that watch.

So for a rep of a £10k watch you could get a bill for £2500 :)

Once it hits EU - ground its forwarded on foot, with paddleboats or even with snailpost. Don´t worry.

Interesting to see that distribution may take it´s time also within the UK. Last time waited for 27 days after it hit EU-soil, than it arrived. Simple strap-order from the US on 18.03. isn´t here either 15.04., so relax.

Procedure with letters/ or taxing also is same as in rest of EU, tax in UK still is with a better rate (here pay 31%). Just the follow-up is harsher in some (few) countries than in the UK.

Tons of Panerai straps on the various forums with M2M sales, several good strap makers on each forum, you just need to decide what you want, and how much you want to pay. I like that 88!! I wasn't too keen on it in the past, but actually it's starting to grow on me. I have an 029 and a 063 incoming, I do like the models with the sec @ 9 layout. Few folks said they had problems with the movements, but quite a few others have commented that theirs was running fine.

Congrats on getting your watch, nothing finer than getting that long awaited package in the mail.