When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

MK XVII hands to fit ETA movements

Ssouthall6

Picked up the above from Sora at Shinewatch but hate the jittery Miyota 8215 and fancied putting a high beat in there anyway....plan to chuck in a 2824-2 unless anyone has any better suggestions relating to hand size? Otherwise I'm gonna need hands that fit an ETA movement before resorting to my last resort of modding the existing ones.

Anyone got any kicking around that they fancy parting company with? Or can point me in the right direction of a source?

You might want to confirm pinion heights and also stem center to dial face for the two movments. I believe the Miyota shares the same dimensions as the DG series movements and they are not the same as the 2824, especially in regards to the stem position. The 2836 is the better swap for the 21j movements but hands will be an issue.

Might be better off to sell what you have and purchase what you want.

Thanks for that krpster, I do have the opportunity to put a 2836 or a 2834 in so maybe I'll do that. The main drawback of selling over replacing the movement is surprisingly cost - it looks like it will still be cheaper even with buying replacement hands than the high beat version of the watch. Factor in the fact that aside from the movement Sora sourced me a very good watch with decent markers which is hit and miss with this model and I'm pretty sure I will either do it or hedge my bets with a DG4813.