When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

submariner noobfactory v4 or TC v6

th00942962s

There is no comparison really.  The TC sub is probably the best available on this board at the moment.  BK makes some nice mods to his as well.

But you are going to shell out a lot more coin for either too.  Just depends what you want and are willing to pay.

Edited by Vegasvic
  • Like 1

@ JJPanerai

yes, if Im going to buy il buy the high quality rep so Im now going for TC or BK :) 

@Vegavic

like I said Im ready to buy my first rep, the problem is I dont know where can find BK. its a blog?

@PATerai

yea I just realize theres a difference between 116610 and 16610. sigh Im so newb

@live1

yea I just find out thats a unreliable site (TSWATCH)

@dr_rolex

Im definitely going to post my first rep sub when i get TC or BK! but any compare?

go for 16610tcv6 put gen dial and crown and insert and your good to go

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

kh dial (v6 dial) is almost perfect, raised and accurate print and perfect index... not sense gen dial on tc, just gen  insert and ( if you are obsessed) add gen cristal !

tc v6 + gen insert and you has the best.

Edited by benjji

TC only takes 2-3 months to get; BK takes existing model and gives it a total overhaul but imho You could also just get the base model and see that things are well aligned. For BK´s price I would get a BP submariner for about 168 usd immediately and meanwhile order the classic looking TC. The Rolex 16610 classic model is much more believable as a watch than the $10.000 ceramic sub. TC shaves off all kinds of engravings and the model reproduced actually doesn´t have any, still non-knowledgeable people who read ebay will start looking for those.

TC=90% gen            Sub-C=60-70% gen depending on model

Quality-wise/assembly-wise TC is far superior to anything else.

kh tc dial is not that accurate really to the gen dials for non engraved rehaut.the tc dial is made for 16610s with rolex rehaut engravings,because the kh dials and all his other dials are missing the roman I markers at every hour i would get a gen dial all day over tc dial,unless tc starts making cases with rehaut engravings again

Edited by live1

noob v3 accuracy otb 90% tc v6 90%

both reps need gen crystal

both need gen insert

put a gen crystal and insert on a v3 noob that would look just as gen as the tc if not more as it has all the correct markings aswell,perfect rehaut depth and all engravings perfect,new dial from noob is great aswell.but its a mute point because the ceramic sub v3 is virtually impossible to get anymore.so tc or noob both good watches

To the OP. No expert still a noob but bought 10 watches or so in last few months. I like both the TC and BK. But they are very different watches. One based on the modern sub ceramic (BK) which is wider at the lugs and has a ceramic bezel insert and one based on the classic sub size with classic insert (TC). You can google the models online to review. I will say for a watch guy who really does not have a lot of knowledge or modding expertise, buying these is nice because they come ready to wear, running well with everything aligned. I have had issues with out of box reps and have had to send them to be fixed as I am yet capable to do it myself.

I like them both. To me it is worth the extra money and waiting time. There are features I like about the BK as I like the glide lock clasp a lot. But I have had many genuine classic subs and still like the size and feel of the old school 16610 sub like the TC. To me both have the "feel" of a gen time piece but they both have "little" tells that even someone like me can see which as some other posts suggested can be corrected with some gen parts.

At the end of the day just need decide what style you like best. Also can look for a watch in the sales area. I have had better luck buying from other members than from the factories and in many cases these are already "modded or fixed" to be better with gen goodies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

i forgot to add the new noob v3 dial is more accurate to gen for the correct model than the tc dial,as the tc dial is for the newer 16610 with rehaut engravings

It's my understanding that the noob v3 is out of stock from most TD's at this time.  Is that correct?

• Like 1