When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Help with josh deepsea please in chicago

painguy

My latest purchse with josh has not gone so nice. bought a $500.00 deep sea rep from him and it has multiple prob. faulty hair spring it gained an hour every 4 hours. the crown will not screw down, crown is functioning properly but just will not screw down. I had a local watch repair shop replace the hair spring for $40 dollors. HNowever they would not help with the screw down of the crown issue.

I am in the chicagoland area and am willing to ship within the USA for repair. please advise if there is anyone that can help me.

I contacted Josh and his reponse intially was do the repair yourself, i then lost my cool and he ssaid send back to me regular post and i will attempt to fix. Process will take up to 2 months.

I have been a josh client since 2008 and untill this year never ever had any QC issues with his products. I would say out of a dozen watches one was a dud. Anyhow please advise if there is anyone in chicagoland or USA that can help me with this Crown issue.

i paid 425 shipped to my door. It used to screw in like my real one.  when i attempt to screw it down it just spins now. the rest of the crown functions perfectly. So F###king annoying. thanks for the help gents.

is the dssd with the swis Eta clone movement.

Edited by painguy

Again, you've shared absolutely no information that would let someone help you figure out what's wrong with it.

There are a number of potential ways to fix it, none of them are very expensive, and there are a number of modders who could help you out (I'm in the Chicago area in fact) but no one can help you if all you say is "it used to be just like my real one."

Sorry sir i am not to familiar with fixing watches. Can i bring it to you? Would be more then willing to pay you for your time.

Crown does not screw down anymore thats all i really know. When i push down on it i get a springy feel and a click. When it worked normally i would push in and screw down and it would go in. Sorry if i am being vague.

Thanks for spending the time to respond.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you post a picture? Maybe let's start there. If it's really just "not screwing down" there's basically 3 things that can be wrong:

1) Inside threads of the crown are stripped

2) outside threads of the tube are stripped

3) threads between the tube and the case are stripped

There seem to be visible threads with a rubber gasket on the tube. I am assuming the crowns threads are on the inside.

Sorry for bad pics i am trying yo find a camera that will focus at that level. I am in the naperville area btw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hard to tell with the out of focus pic, but the tube threads don't look as sharp as they should be. I'm going to guess stripped tube.

You have a couple of different options to replace, but honestly you might as well upgrade while you're replacing--a TC crown/tube combo is nearly as good as gen, and not that expensive.