When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Sea-Dweller DeepSea 116660 Black Ceramic 1:1 Noob Best Edition A3135

Stayhot

Hi guys,

I was about to pull the trigger and purchase the sea dweller on PureTime, but decided to ask the forum before i move on.

I read the previous posts about this watch, apparently its newly released, and many members complained about the price. I'm not here to question the price and don't mind paying around the same price for a super rep.

Also, Besides the "S" that is flat, couples of other stuff don't precisely match the gen dial. I will add a gen pic for members to compare.

However, it pretty much matches the dial of the, i guess, older generation near 80% and I'm very picky. So it might pass as a perfect for others.

Anyways, just wanted to ask if there are any better ones that you guys recommend regardless of the price, obviously with an exclusion of the gen :) and any other flaws i should know before buying it.

Gen picture: y6asahyq.jpg

Link: http://puretime-asia.com/product/sea-dweller-deepsea-116660-black-ceramic-11-noob-best-edition-a3135/

RLX2014042401-02_enl.JPG

All i Wanna know is that "is this rep the best rep out there for this model or there are better ones?" I pretty much researched as much as i could and wanted some rolex experts opinion. Very simple. If you guys wanna make it poetic, I'm fine with it as well :).

All i Wanna know is that "is this rep the best rep out there for this model or there are better ones?" I pretty much researched as much as i could and wanted some rolex experts opinion. Very simple. If you guys wanna make it poetic, I'm fine with it as well :).

This looks the best one yet but it is not released until tomorrow so i would wait until some reviews come in from members. It won't be me though at this price. It's over $500 with shipping costs!! That is ridiculous for a standard rep!!

This looks the best one yet but it is not released until tomorrow so i would wait until some reviews come in from members. It won't be me though at this price. It's over $500 with shipping costs!! That is ridiculous for a standard rep!!

I see... Thanks a lot for your comment. Ill wait. I love these watches and its so hard to wait. :)

Most of the Reps are almost 98-99,5% .but there are some hints that only the Gen have.

So it is the Colour and thickness of the Pearl !

The Colour and deepness of the Letters in the ring (Lünette)

When you wrap around the bezel it is more Sharp in Gen and the Klicks are FAT.

In matter of this,you cant change the bezel to Gen,it wont fit,the insert alone will also not fit

Spraying with Colour in the bezel will not bring satisfaction,you see that in sunlight.

The first of Gens have the "S" like the pic from puretime.the new one since 2013 or so have some different printing to the early ones,only see with zoom Glases .

Best method is,keep your money,work Strong an Hard,so i do,and buy one.its a watch for a lifetime!

Most of the Reps are almost 98-99,5% .but there are some hints that only the Gen have.

So it is the Colour and thickness of the Pearl !

The Colour and deepness of the Letters in the ring (Lünette)

When you wrap around the bezel it is more Sharp in Gen and the Klicks are FAT.

In matter of this,you cant change the bezel to Gen,it wont fit,the insert alone will also not fit

Spraying with Colour in the bezel will not bring satisfaction,you see that in sunlight.

The first of Gens have the "S" like the pic from puretime.the new one since 2013 or so have some different printing to the early ones,only see with zoom Glases .

Best method is,keep your money,work Strong an Hard,so i do,and buy one.its a watch for a lifetime!

Amazing explanation. Thanks

Looks quite good but insert is still not correct and cg's don't look right. We should not pay these prices otherwise they go up endless until we stop paying. Obviously they are testing how far tgey can go but 500usd for such a rep is a joke! 1 year ago it would have been around 300 max..if we keep on buying they will soon charge around 700 for a standard rep.

This watch is too expensive because it has the decorated clone movement. When you can get one in plain Asia clone it will be more reasonable.

Also to the guy suggesting you buy a plain gen stainless steel watch for $10,000 instead of a 99% rep for $480 ... Are you insane? Yes. Work hard and save then get completely robbed in a Rolex store. Good plan.

@ jkay! Doesn't matter if it is a gen or a rep... We are all insane and nuts.... But I get the gen, so I get on all places in the world money, if I need some urgend... And, if there's a robber, he needs my arm to get it and I will take his poor life to the end... :-)

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9300 mit Tapatalk

This is the BP version I mentioned above, which is different to the BK DSSD. BK modifies the Noob version. BP is a completely different watch.

@ $288 for A2836 and $388 for swiss, it is still the best value at the moment.

N.

post-5566-0-18809700-1398635178_thumb.jp

Edited by Niko

This is the BP version I mentioned above, which is different to the BK DSSD. BK modifies the Noob version. BP is a completely different watch.

@ $288 for A2836 and $388 for swiss, it is still the best value at the moment.

N.

Thanks for the info. Is shinewatch a trusted dealer?

Sora (of shinewatch) is a supporting vendor on RWI. I've ordered from him before...good guy to deal with.

He almost has the same text description and videos of josh. I don't know if its him or actually someone else behind it.

Anyways thanks for clarifying.

He almost has the same text description and videos of josh. I don't know if its him or actually someone else behind it.

Anyways thanks for clarifying.

Dealers cut and paste competitor's web sites. That's why some dealers throw 100 name tags all over their own watch photos.