When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

TC SUB V6 vs non franken used 16610

Seanpz1

Hey guys still kinda new here. Ive noticed over the past months how many used non franken 11610's are sold or listed for more then a new TC sub V6. Am I missing something here? I can only imagine rep watches dont age as well as a gen would. Also TC's seem to be getting closer to gen each edition he drops. What gives! greed?

Sorry for the confusion, to clarify if the TC sub V6 is the best out of the box rep how come previous gen BK an TC's are sold for about what a new TC sub V6 would.

Example

http://www.repgeek.com/showthread.php?t=228668

Off: Wow dude,

Way to [censored] on my thread.. again even on another forum ;).

On: To add to the answers though, all TC's are comparable. Only differences would be the adding of new parts by TC or the owner. A V6 isn't a new watch compared to the V5. It are all just upgrades TC brings to an already solid base. Does this justify an increase in price? yes and no, it al depends on what the market wants. Are they great upgrades? Definitely

Why the sub in the link you mentioned is priced higher than a new v6 is the price of a new gen insert, extra bracelets, waterproofing and a swiss movement compared to the asian clone.

Now that I have seen the sales thread, it's pretty clear the watch listed on RG is not a a base 16610. It's a TC V5 with some modfications, a genuine insert + a swiss movement whereas the TC V6 basewatch houses a clone movement.

Off: Wow dude,

Way to piss on my thread.. again even on another forum ;).

On: To add to the answers though, all TC's are comparable. Only differences would be the adding of new parts by TC or the owner. A V6 isn't a new watch compared to the V5. It are all just upgrades TC brings to an already solid base. Does this justify an increase in price? yes and no, it al depends on what the market wants. Are they great upgrades? Definitely

Why the sub in the link you mentioned is priced higher than a new v6 is the price of a new gen insert, extra bracelets, waterproofing and a swiss movement compared to the asian clone.

Checked it out NICE ,put in Swiss movement the V3 bracelet V2 clasp ETC( the verdict still not in on if the new one beats this combo) . The market will decide the price but a lot effort ,time and money to get these parts so really comparing apples and oranges.

• 6 months later...

since TC V6 sub base is houses a clone movement, what is the best swiss movement to upgrade it? ETA 2824? anyone can advice?

You have several options, the first of course is an ETA2824-2 selling now from the supply houses for north of 200 USD, the next is a Sellita , another very good SWISS movement, but priced about the same as the 2824. The third option, and the one I would use is the Seagull ST2130. This is a Chinese movement, but from and old established Chinese watch and movement manufacturer. I bought one about six months ago for 99.00 USD shipped to the USA. The seller , from Portugal doesn't carry them any more, though. I tried to get one a couple of weeks ago, and she told me that they had raised the prices and she quit carrying them. They are great movements if you can find one now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Replacing a Tc2824 with a eta 2824 or a sellita would be a pain in the ass if you want it done right. TC has always used H4 cannon pinions so the hour hand has the correct height. With a stock eta or sellita, you're gonna have a hour hand almost laying flat on the dial.

As for why older TCs and such seem to sell for more than a new one... Well it's all a matter of pref. some people prefer TCs older cases with the deeper rehaut and engravings between the lugs and some with rehaut engravings.

Then you gotta consider what gen parts are on it. A TC V5 with a gen insert is prob gonna sell for more than a brand new stock v6.