When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New rep: 44mm IWC Aquatimer Vintage, IW323101

chrgod

What is the verdict on this new Noob offering..? Cant see it is discussed anywhere on RWG. :-) 

http://puretime-asia.com/product/aquatimer-automatic-vintage-1967-iw323101-on-black-rubber-strap-a7750/

Rep has the old, previous date font. Not the new one that looks like the "Ingenieur date font". However in promotional shots of this model, both date fonts are used... Personally, I actually prefer this date font, which is more in line with the vintage look.  

New replica: 

namybany.jpg

• Like 1

It is not my picture, it is "stolen" from Angus' thread over at Repgeek.  :-) 

This model has a display caseback. The rep movement is based on the 7750, without the nice polished pattern on the gen. At least there is not the tell-tale blue screws usual on the rep 7750-movement. 

Replica:

3uva3any.jpg

Genuine:

iw323101.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I only recently discovered that this new rep of the Aquatimer Vintage had been released.  Not that I'm desperate for a new rep to buy or anything, but I'm curious if anyone actually bought one.  Other than the datewheel font, have any replication issues been identified?