When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Subway Has Gone Muslim...

Hey guys,

Just wanted to have a little rant I suppose about this news that just popped up on my Facebook page. I suppose this may potentially offend, or raise people's backs a little, so if you're easily offended, leave now...

So, this guy shared the news report about how Subway shops are now changing to Halal meat to please their Muslim customers (Note: Only being changed in Muslim dense areas). This guy decided to complain about how they shouldn't be changing food because of them, as this is our country, and how they shouldn't have things changed to suit their needs. Blah,blah blah.

In my city, I regularly go down to the Mosque, where there is a little kitchen out the back which does the most PHENOMENAL curry, and I go to uni with several Muslim guys. So I suppose I've become more educated on their religion over the years.

My point to this 'ignorant twit' as I called him, was that it isn't a race, and therefore his remarks about "I don't care if this sounds racist" were completely stupid. Then I decided to also inform him, that Halal meat tastes no different from 'normal meat', and in fact, from my experiences with Halal meat, it generally tends to be more juicy and succulent. Not sure why tbh, it just does. However, I thought I'd also educate him on the fact that you don't have to be 'brown' or from Pakistan to be a Muslim. You can be 100% British, and white, or Chinese or Black. It's a damn religion, not a race. He was wording his little uneducated rant like 'These Muslim's coming into our country, stealing our food, stealing our wives' (obvious exaggeration).

Just wanted to see what you guys thought about this.

Apologies for the rant. Needed it out my system

being that Subway bread has more chemicals than my old carpet and my local Dominos has started charging a buck for their close to expiry parmesan cheese/crushed red pepper I feel TORN up inside :D

ya know what tastes better than both of these crappy chain warez ? My local mom & pop TERIYAKI :)

• Like 1

I remember when the racist internet went spare at baked beans being Halal. It made me laugh because by default, any non-meat is halal.

I don't like the way Halal meat is killed, but I don't object enough to complain.