When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

TC v6 arrived today

droptopman

Good day today, arrived home to find several packages including my first Pam and a TCv6.  I bought a TC M2M but a friend at worked talked me out of it so this is my first piece coming directly from TC.  I must say he takes perfectionism to a whole new level, even the way the watch is packaged is meticulous.  I have a BK v2 Sub C also and both are excellent representations, and the workmanship is very similar, but I do like the vintage look better.  I had planned to install a gen insert, crystal and crown, but not sure now as this thing looks pretty awesome.  Bracelet is great, links remove easier than my old gen, bezel rotates perfectly, crown operates perfect......  Bracelet is taking a bath in white lightning to get smoothed out a little though.  It is well worth the wait :clap2:   Here are some quick pics with the iPhone.

post-60288-0-72924700-1399000164_thumb.j

post-60288-0-36862400-1399000194_thumb.j

post-60288-0-41865900-1399000228_thumb.j

post-60288-0-39927300-1399000260_thumb.j

And a wristie:

post-60288-0-91880700-1399000293_thumb.j

• Like 1

Thank you, all I did was order it. TC really does some awesome work. I had planned on some gen upgrades but not sure now.

Even better

If you dont feel like it

Dont do it

After sometime when you get bored then change it

:)

One thing I learned here is hiw man never gets satisfied

He needs more soon enough :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

After a bath in white lightening then some non polishing stainless conditioner bracelet is ready to go. Couple hours on this but man what a difference

nuzuse8e.jpgu5ajuqan.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi, I'm new to this forum, so I apologize for the newbie question.  Is there any articles that talk about the white lightning/SS polishing steps?  Is the goal to just give the bracelet a nice shine like the gen watch?  Thanks in advance for the help.

Hi, I'm new to this forum, so I apologize for the newbie question.  Is there any articles that talk about the white lightning/SS polishing steps?  Is the goal to just give the bracelet a nice shine like the gen watch?  Thanks in advance for the help.

Sure! What you need to do is go to a large sporting goods store, or a good quality bicycle shop and ask for "dry chain lubricant" .. this will go on as a liquid and then flash-dry to leave a layer of teflon on the inner workings of a bracelet. You will be truly amazed at how much black grit and flakes of metal are washed out of the bracelet. Factory machining residue.

As for cleaning SS, once I am sure it's waterproof, I wear my dive watches in the shower and give them a good soaping!

Hi Quik, welcome to the forum.  As JK stated the bike chain dry lube adds teflon and gets inside the working of the bracelet and smooths it out.  Much quieter and just feels better and I think adds just a little barrier of protection.  Believe or not I use stainless steel cleaning/polishing compound that I use on my SS appliances in the kitchen.  The stuff is magic.  I tried other polishes and they end up polishing too much and remove too much of the gen brushed look, when I get home I will post the name of the brand I use.  I experimented with this on some old bracelets and it works better than anything else I have tried.  

thanks all for the quick replies!  btw, great looking watch.  it seems like everyone raves about TC v6...i'm trying to debate between this (assuming he still take orders) or a BK sub-c.  anyhow, this forum is great with the amount of information sharing!

Have not tried that it is a liquid called of all things stainless steel cleaner. Comes in a 4oz bottle made by Elco laboratories. Got it when we built the house. Says they sell it at sears but maybe on amazon as they have every thing. It doesn't have any grit in it so it is not really polish more of a cleaner/conditioner/brightener.

ygu4e4yz.jpg

so do you just spray it on then wipe with a cloth or soak bracelet over night? sorry I'm a noob to this stuff normally just wear my watches as i get them. 

Have not tried that it is a liquid called of all things stainless steel cleaner. Comes in a 4oz bottle made by Elco laboratories. Got it when we built the house. Says they sell it at sears but maybe on amazon as they have every thing. It doesn't have any grit in it so it is not really polish more of a cleaner/conditioner/brightener.

ygu4e4yz.jpg

All good. Me a noob too. Feels good to be able to give back to the forum as usually I take ;) . I have practiced this on a few old bracelets and unfortunately some new ones :bangin: .
Wear surgical gloves... This stuff not meant for skin.
I do soak over night in the white lightning bike lube. I use a plastic baggy and soak it good. Seal it up and leave it til the morning. I then wash it in foaming hand cleaner. Some of the Teflon will be left and looks like a thin white film, so now I clean with micro fiber cloth and a really soft tooth brush to get the hard to reach areas, especially in between the links. Once it is all clean I then just rub the SS cleaner in by hand. Buff with soft micro fiber cloth and repeat and repeat..and repeat until I get the look I am after. Make sure to get all the cleaner off as I am sure it is not be good for the skin. This stuff drys nice and is not greasy and reduces fingerprints and so on. I do around the case too, but very carefully.
Be careful trying other products especially if they have grit as they may remove the brushed look. I ruined a few bracelets doing that. My old 16613 two tone SS and solid gold sub use to be polished gold and brushed SS. Now it is all polished:).  Here are some pics of a job gone bad.  Thank God this is an 80's watch and the high polish works.  Obviously it did not get this polished with a cloth and some polish.  Many hours with a dremel and compound.  There is no doubt that this is solid gold :clap2:

post-60288-0-63917700-1399124228_thumb.j

post-60288-0-83654500-1399126763_thumb.j

Luckily I like the look but it was not intended initially.
Like most things in this crazy hobby trial and error. I ruined another bracelet on a nice modded BK YM and had to buy a new bracelet at $100. My watch smith friend tells me it costs $$$ to learn about watches:)  I am definitely learning that.  He has 2 watches on his workbench being fixed as a result of my trial and error.........

Hope that helps

thanks all for the quick replies!  btw, great looking watch.  it seems like everyone raves about TC v6...i'm trying to debate between this (assuming he still take orders) or a BK sub-c.  anyhow, this forum is great with the amount of information sharing!

Quik, I have both.  Either is a great first purchase.  I am very happy with them and both arrived in perfect working order, which does not always happen.....

this replica looks amazing, I've only had a genuine omega which I wear daily, but this looks like a good watch to rotate with!

Just wondering where would one acquire a genuine insert? It sounds like that is the main thing people mod after receiving the watch.

Thanks in advance!

You can look in the sales threads or on ebay or other areas of the net for the insert.  Hard for me to tell on pictures if they are really genuine or not, so I usually only buy from someone I know or have an expert check before purchasing.  Be careful....