When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Fantastic Dealings (Misiekped)

jsmith11

Guys I don't post much but have been around this site and the old one for a long long time. I have a Breitling rep Navitimer World that means something special to me.

I hooked up with Mike (md2020) hoping he could service the watch and prolong the life of this piece. Well we all know how that went. I was lucky enough to get the watch back minus my $250. The watch was destroyed, the bezel was all misaligned, the chrono wasn't working the chrono hand had fallen off. It was just a disaster. Any who I asked mike on a bike if he knew of anyone to help me get it right again. He pointed me to Misiekped.

Let me tell you Misiekped has restored my faith in humanity. He was nothing but honest up front and a total gentleman. Even though the watch had seen better days he took time to get it working again for me. I am truly grateful for his services and if we had more people in this world like him the world would be a better place.

If you need servicing hes your guy just don't bombard him and treat him with class as that's what he is!

• Like 1

I believe that he will be a huge asset to our forum. I think that he is developing or has developed a good business model, scheduling watches in and very good communication with the customer. I have often wondered why more watch makers/ molders didn't just tell folks, I don't have any openings for X days, weeks or months. That way if you have a watch that needs attention, but is still wearable, you can wear it until it's time to send it in. Of course if it's dead, that is a moot point. With most watchmakers, you PM or email them, and tell them you want to have your watch lumed, dial changed, crystal installed, serviced, etc. they tell you, send it on in, which you do, and then you wait for months. This creates frustration, plus it leads to countless emails and PM's to the watchmaker which only slows down the process as he has to stop and answer the inquiries.

Glad to have misiekped on board.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I believe that he will be a huge asset to our forum. I think that he is developing or has developed a good business model, scheduling watches in and very good communication with the customer. I have often wondered why more watch makers/ molders didn't just tell folks, I don't have any openings for X days, weeks or months. That way if you have a watch that needs attention, but is still wearable, you can wear it until it's time to send it in. Of course if it's dead, that is a moot point. With most watchmakers, you PM or email them, and tell them you want to have your watch lumed, dial changed, crystal installed, serviced, etc. they tell you, send it on in, which you do, and then you wait for months. This creates frustration, plus it leads to countless emails and PM's to the watchmaker which only slows down the process as he has to stop and answer the inquiries.

Glad to have misiekped on board.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am so glad to hear that this is the case. It is the only way to do this properly. It's the smart thing to do.

Ziggy would book your appointment and take a fee of $50. He'd tell you when to send the watch, and if you blew him off and never sent the watch, he'd keep the $50 to cover his lost appointment and he'd blacklist you as a time-waster.