When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How is phong's engraving?

irolexu

I am considering mailing out my TC to phong and have him dress up the lugs with the correct reference number and correct matching LV serial number but I have yet to see any of his work in person. Does anyone have any pics they can post and or experience with his work? I want it to look like an authentic serial number and not a cheap laser etched number commonly found on the OTB reps. My Sean case had a very nice gen like engraving and I miss that part of my Sean case. Let me know guys!

I truly believe that when he engraves it himself it's perfect, he has a pantograph in his place. He does his best to get blank cases for his customers but I think what happens is that every once in a while he gets pre engraved cases, that must be what freddy is referring to because again when he does the engravings they are perfect

I am mulling over trying to make a fixture to hold a case vertically on my engraver.  I could possibly engrave a number, manually index it for the next number, etc.  I don't know if this would work or not but a proper CNC controlled rotating axis/fixture costs a bit more than I can spend right now...

A friend can make near perfecto numbers and letters with his old Hermes pantograph engraver but he is ornery as a Billygoat and won't do it.

He did a couple DW cases for me before he took the studs and he said the case metal was 'soft as butter' so it was not wearing his cutter tip out or anything.

I even tried to $$bribe him and he said "Not No! but Hell No!!"

...so I tried to buy his engraver. I offered CA$H Money! (most traders would want it on credit) 

He said "Get the #%&k out of here!!" (it's not the first time, we been friends for years)

Guess I'll just have to shoot him.

...and deal with his wife.

Or maybe have him committed to a looney bin because I have proof he's Crazy.

He just bought 90 Accutrons!

Ninety!   Nine Zero!!

Maybe I made him mad when I said they were not worth the batts it would take to get them running.

That's when he went for his gun.

It's all true except the gun part.

Hee Haw!

It's really too bad that someone doesn't offer reasonably priced engraving. I have a couple of sterile cases that I would love to get engraved, it would be the icing on the cake for me

The one that I would still love to do is the "meatball" Pan Am logo on my 6542 case back. Then it would be complete!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 3 years later...