When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Any decent reps in NYC?

glight2000

You ain't ever going to get a brick and mortar outlet for illegal goods, it'd be shut down before the paint was dry.

It is frustrating that most of us cannot try various reps on and get the feel of how good they car, but that's the way it is.

The M2M section is the answer for me, if something tempts me and I'm not happy buying new, I'll keep an eye on the M2M sales until a nice one comes up and try to buy it for a decent price. I'm no wheeler dealer so I'll never make money on anything, but I won't lose a lot either if I don't like it and resell.

Alternatively get yourself along to one of the GTGs and try on a load of other members watches.

Yup, no such thing. I'm a lifelong New Yorker and while there are still places to buy crappy reps, nobody sells the good reps at a brick & mortar. Never have, likely never will. But do use the visit to try on plenty of gens to decide which ones you want a rep of. Within three blocks on Madison ave you've got Breguet, IWC and Panerai shops where they're happy to let you try on anything you like if you ask politely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nah, you aren't going to find a decent rep on Canal St.  Believe you me, I tried, and every watch I got there ended up breaking.

I do have one functional Cartier Roadster that is still working from when I bought it in 2010, but the overall quality is crap compared to the modern reps you see on TD sites.