When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex 6542 completed, Daz does it again

denimhead

My good mate Big Daz situated over the Irish Sea has just fired me over a picture of my completed 6542. I'll post some daylight shots on Thursday when it arrives.

Nice 2846 - GMT conversion with non hacking, non adjustable GMT function and non quickset date as per the Gen 1036 movement. Phongs chrome plated bezel and a nice Vintage GS Nos Plexi Crystal. Case has been aged, lug holes drilled and I've added a hint of chamfer to the outer edges of the case. Big Daz puffy re-lumed dial, and hands

Hope you like it Gents

DH 

post-12988-0-40346700-1400009207_thumb.j

post-12988-0-77946100-1400009213_thumb.j

BEAUTIFUL!!! 

Where did you get that bezel???

The Insert is a standard rep plastic insert which i spiderweb aged from behind, and the chrome plated Gen spec bezel is from Phong. 

Wait until you see it in the flesh. My terrible camera skills once again :(

You need to buy a Camera mate :inverted:

Nice!  It looks fantastic!  I love the 6542 and it's on my dream list.  Do you have the roulette date wheel?

I just noticed something that I had never noticed before.  The 6542 has a long hour hand just like the big crown 6200 does.  I wonder if it would be possible to find one for an ETA 28xx movement? A member was trying to get Michael Young to produce one for the DG2813 but it never came to fruition.  He might have them already produced for the gen movement, though.  Maybe it's possible to modify the gen spec hand to fit an ETA??

Gen pic for reference.

1955-Rolex-GMT-Master-Reference-6542.jpg

Edited by Mendota Explorer

Daz is the man!! That looks very nice. I suppose I have a tendency to miss details, but I never knew that the 6542 had the long hour hand. Wonder what Rolex did when those came back for service?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nice 6542!

What's the crown, case, dial from all stock cartel?

No the base watch is one that Angus developed exclusively for Puretime. Just added the Phong Gen spec bezel as it's always the biggest give away for me on the Vintage Non crown guard models. The GS plexi also adds that special touch for me in terms of profile. Dial and hands re-lumed bu Daz, Rafflestime 24hr small hand

No the base watch is one that Angus developed exclusively for Puretime. Just added the Phong Gen spec bezel as it's always the biggest give away for me on the Vintage Non crown guard models. The GS plexi also adds that special touch for me in terms of profile. Dial and hands re-lumed bu Daz, Rafflestime 24hr small hand

I'm really fortunate to have a local old school clock and watch guy here in Sheffield who did the 2846 conversion and mods for me. He takes an age to do the work but the movements are always perfectly serviced.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...