When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex 6542 completed, Daz does it again

denimhead

In re-reading this thread, it appears that this is the standard Puretime 6542 that has been upgraded with a Phong bezel, gen-spec crystal, and Raffles small GMT hand.

Is that right?  It doesn't look as wokky as the other Puretime 6542s are.  Was something done with the rehaut or are we just not noticing it because the aging is so well done?

How did you spiderweb age the insert?  That looks fantastic.

Edited by Mendota Explorer

Well Gentlemen, I have to say the rehaut just needed a gentle sanding down. The insert was really an experiment but i used very course sand paper on the reverse side in a very random way. No one way just almost touch and twist. Then used a very dark blue perminant pen to fill in the scratch marks, also a bit of black pen as well. The face side recieved the same un even course sand paper then polywatch polish, again and again and again......we're going for the 50 year old look.

The phong bezel was gently sanded to expose the brass, the dial and hands well that's Big Daz at his best, god knows how it does it really, remember on a totally stock rep dial! 

Hope that helps, get sanding!

In re-reading this thread, it appears that this is the standard Puretime 6542 that has been upgraded with a Phong bezel, gen-spec crystal, and Raffles small GMT hand.

Is that right?  It doesn't look as wokky as the other Puretime 6542s are.  Was something done with the rehaut or are we just not noticing it because the aging is so well done?

How did you spiderweb age the insert?  That looks fantastic.

Correct, the movement was also converted to non adjustable 24hr hand, non hacking and non quick set date as per Gen 1036 movement

Simply gorgeous. I love it.

Is that the stock bracelet and crown? Which crystal is that again? I really like the shape and profile of it.

Does anyone know what gen crown would fit this, and if you would need to retap the case?

I also love the color of the insert. It looks fantastic.

Edited by Mendota Explorer