When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

AP Gold Diver

Just got this one a few days ago in a M2M sale. Still had plastic on it, so essentially brand new. Pretty much the same story with a lot of the AP's, and PAM's and any of the bigger watches, "Tried it on and it was just too big"
While this one probably won't get the everyday wear of my FC V3, it's a nice watch, and looks great as a little dressier watch, not to say  I don't wear it to work, because  I do. looks pretty good with scrubs!! :)

I'm not even sure what movement this one has in it, but it's pretty plain Jane outside of a nice gold bas relief decorated rotor. the lume is pretty good, certainly could use a better AR'ed crystal. What's really nice is it's running about 2 sec fast per 24 hours. Can't ask for much better than that. The open caseback puts this one into the really incorrect category, but you know, no one knows if you don't take your watch off !! ;) It came with the standard rubber strap and tang buckle which I will more than likely keep, as it's pretty comfortable.

I know that these Gold and Rose are not for everyone, but it's pretty nice. At some point if the Queens Cup is produced, I might move this one on for it, as it's a little more subdued than these all gold models. :g:

Photos:
post-327-0-19389700-1400097784_thumb.jpg

post-327-0-52388900-1400097601_thumb.jpg

post-327-0-54435300-1400097626_thumb.jpg

post-327-0-19299800-1400097651_thumb.jpg

post-327-0-35070600-1400097683_thumb.jpg

I don't do gold divers usually, but that does look really nice.

I think what sort of makes this one different, it's not and "in your face" watch. With the black bezel, black dial and rubber strap, and the more matte finish to the gold case, it doesn't stand out so much as say and all polished gold watch with a gold or white dial and gold bracelet. Another thing there are so many big shiny gold and rose gold watches, especially rose gold, around no one even notices this one.

Is this a fantasy model?

So much ignorance :snorkel:

DIVER QE II CUP 2014

http://www.audemarspiguet.com/en/watch-collection/royal-oak-offshore/royal-oak-offshore-selfwinding/15709TR.OO.A005CR.01

The unique combination of the 42mm tantalum case, the 18-carat pink gold bezel and the “large square scale” grey crocodile leather strap create contrasting colours and accentuate the features of this timepiece. Limited Edition of 150.