When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Paypal keeps fees when refund?

John71

Hi

I ordered a watch from a TD, but now since I'm not happy with several watches and the QC, I requested a refund... But if the TD refunds me he said it' will not give back the fees (4%). He said it's a new rule for businesses who use paypal... Is this correct that if he refunds, I will get the amount - 4% of fees?

Edited by John71

That is very unfortunate situation, and the TD is me. 

First we started with bargaining with the op, I kindly explained him I cannot do a lower price on this Rolex, than he paid.

After he paid he changed his mind to a v6 AP diver, than, he changed his mind again for the Rolex.

KbS99BA.jpg

He asked further questions about the watch requesting more pics:

- another date (not centered)
- close-up pearl (cracked?)
- clasp front and back with engraving 

I said I will receive a new batch the next day and I can send him new qc pics, but he changed his mind again, this time for a refund.

The professional chinese pp accounts hold the 4% of the buyers fee. Again, pp holds it, and NOT the vendor, so it is not me who is holding it. In cases when the watch is not available or some similar situations I would pay those 4% from my pocket but in our situation the op is playing a hide and seek now I want it, and now I don´t.

My business is not based on cheating. I would not make up a story like that, ever.

Paypal refund the fees for a full refund. Dont know for a partial refund. 

Paypal policy changed, partial refund OR full refund, there is a 4% PAYPAL charges, NOT the vendor

Only for professional account. With a personal account you cannot sell more than 5 watches a month, I hope this helps.

Paypal policy changed, partial refund OR full refund, there is a 4% PAYPAL charges, NOT the vendor

Only for professional account. With a personal account you cannot sell more than 5 watches a month, I hope this helps.

That seems clear. Thanks Toro.

The OPs been a member for over a year and still doesn't make up his mind which watch to get until AFTER ordering it?

I think Toro has shown exceptional patience so far, and if PayPal have changed the rules on refunding fees it's got nothing to do with the dealer, take it up with PayPal.

Answer from Paypal:

Thank you for contacting PayPal regarding a refund for 320.00 EUR.

The information in your email is incorrect. If you have paid a sum of money and decide to have a refund, you are entitled to the full amount. The seller is not allowed to withhold the sellers fees.

I can see in your transaction history that you have recieved the full amount back of 320.00 EUR.

I hope that this has answered your query.

Thank you for your time and have a nice day.

Yours sincerely, 
Johan 
PayPal

That is very unfortunate situation, and the TD is me. 

First we started with bargaining with the op, I kindly explained him I cannot do a lower price on this Rolex, than he paid.

After he paid he changed his mind to a v6 AP diver, than, he changed his mind again for the Rolex.

KbS99BA.jpg

He asked further questions about the watch requesting more pics:

- another date (not centered)
- close-up pearl (cracked?)
- clasp front and back with engraving 

I said I will receive a new batch the next day and I can send him new qc pics, but he changed his mind again, this time for a refund.

The professional chinese pp accounts hold the 4% of the buyers fee. Again, pp holds it, and NOT the vendor, so it is not me who is holding it. In cases when the watch is not available or some similar situations I would pay those 4% from my pocket but in our situation the op is playing a hide and seek now I want it, and now I don´t.

My business is not based on cheating. I would not make up a story like that, ever.

I have the right to ask extra pics, you take 4 silly pictures and none of the clasp which I think is rather important... I emailed paypal telling you are a 'business' and they tell me it's not true, if so give me the link to their policy...

It is me, and let me know what would you do if somebody plays a time consuming hide and seek and that you PAY for it

Hide and seek? I've ordered from many TDs and I appreciate the full refund (in case it's true) but simply I didn't quite feel as good as when ordering with eg PT. If I ask them extra pics, they will let me know when they will take it and they are friendly. Maybe I hesitated afterwards, but that no excuse to not answering my questions. You had 320 euro from me (not that I don't trust you) but once I started about paypal you were all ears to keen to respond. I just don't like the way you defend yourself here, with your own words that Paypal changed the rules and you don't PROOF any of this. 

BTW your shipping time takes way too long, you tell people to send tracking code when it's shipped from Spain/uk to destination, but still I had to ask before I got it and it even was a wrong number. I remember once you told my watch was shipped but then there was a correction because you didn't ship because package was too heavy. Just be honest to people and be more understandable. 

So people, DON'T buy from Toro if you want a friendly service and a fast shipping (my experience) and no offense 

:good: 

Wonder if PayPal charges the seller the 4%? Either way if toro says that he'll refund you I'm sure that you'll get the money.

I have the money, I appreciate that from him, but I'd like him to come up with some proof other than telling me to call PayPal China lol

I don't know how it works here but on RWI when there's a Paypal problem your supposed to ask a mod for help first and if all else fails your last ditch effort would be Paypal the reason for that is so that Paypal doesn't go and check if there is rep activity being done. If u did that before contacting a mod , that's not cool and everyone on here should never sell you anything.

I don't know how it works here but on RWI when there's a Paypal problem your supposed to ask a mod for help first and if all else fails your last ditch effort would be Paypal the reason for that is so that Paypal doesn't go and check if there is rep activity being done. If u did that before contacting a mod , that's not cool and everyone on here should never sell you anything.

A simple refund is not a claim or dispute with a TD, I have no problem with Toro, he did refund me full, so I appreciate...  I just want to know if it's true for future buys

Completely agree. OP doesn't quite seem to understand the delicate nature of the rep hobby. He's definitely going on my personal blacklist.

Telling paypal that Toro's account is a business while he isn't registered as one, are you kidding me? Way to ruin it for all of us.

Edited by Fracture

Completely agree. OP doesn't quite seem to understand the delicate nature of the rep hobby. He's definitely going on my personal blacklist.

Telling paypal that Toro's account is a business while he isn't registered as one, are you kidding me? Way to ruin it for all of us.

Why does Paypal keep the fees then? They only do that with businesses so... who's lying here?

Answer from Paypal:

Thank you for contacting PayPal regarding a refund for 320.00 EUR.

The information in your email is incorrect. If you have paid a sum of money and decide to have a refund, you are entitled to the full amount. The seller is not allowed to withhold the sellers fees.

I can see in your transaction history that you have recieved the full amount back of 320.00 EUR.

I hope that this has answered your query.

Thank you for your time and have a nice day.

Yours sincerely, 

Johan 

PayPal

Why does Paypal keep the fees then? They only do that with businesses so... who's lying here?

Make up your mind.

Paypal has said they don't keep the fees, and they say you HAVE had a full refund, it's in your account, but you're still going on about some fees being kept?

I think the real question here is why are you doing an absolutely pathetic job of smearing a TDs reputation, and totally tying yourself in knots whilst doing so?

as you know Paypal responds within 24h.. so it had already been refunded when this paypal employee responded to my question

And once again, you have changed your tune.

You have just agreed that PP have given you a full refund, yet in your previous post you ask why PP has kept the fees?

If anything (fees in this case) have been "kept" you cannot have had a full refund. It can only be one or the other.