When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

IWC Fans HELP! Opinions needed

jamesfl

Quick background, I have always tried to find the most accurate reps available and have even gone so far as buying a gen when a good rep was not available I have wanted a dual crown diver for some time so when I saw Toro post about the new Vintage Aquatimer I wasted no time in contacting him to order one. Yes, I know the date wheel has the wrong font and there are concerns about the AR, but I decided to take the plunge anyways. I finally received my QC pics and was ready to approve them when I realized that the text on the inner bezel was more of a cream color than white. I contacted Toro to ask if it was just the lighting or did all his sample have cream. He send me some pics from another sample (also cream) but also of another new version in blue. I fairly sure the blue is a fantasy version as all my internet search failed to turn up any Vintage AT's with a blue dial and strap. There are photos on the web of the white gold version with gray dial where the AR makes the gray dial appear blue, but that is just an illusion.

So now here is my issue, the black model is more accurate to the gen, but I think the blue looks better.

So please give your thoughts so I can tell Toro which one to send ASAP and hopefully not regret my color choice.

ra3evyha.jpg

zapyhyqu.jpg

Thanks in advance for your help.

Here a picture of a gen to compare. 

The lume is much more blueish than the rep seems to be on the pics. The dial is pure black. And have a look at the rehaut and the little "ring" at the rep. I can't see it at the gen. But: you won't find another version of the rep actual. So take it or drop it.

02.0579_1.jpg

Thanks Higgins. I realize there are some faults, but I really want a nice dual crown diver. Just need to decide on blue or black.

I thought Tapatalk malfunctioned and didn't create this post.

Edited by jamesfl

Never seen the blue in gen form, unless it is some limited run for boutiques in platinum or something.

Go for the black. Yes there are some errors as you mentioned, but rarely will you meet another Vintage AT wearer. 

Besides, you can get it properly ARd which hinders people from calling you out just out of the blue etc.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...