When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

3035 movement in 17000 Oysterquartz case

Xander123

Does anyone know if it fits? I know the ref. 1530 and 1630 had 1570 movements, but I don't want the weird chapter ring of those two references. My understanding is that the OQ movement, the 5035, is very similar to the 3035 and just wanted to know if it would work.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The thing I would worry about is height of the different movements. The 3035 and 5035 shared designs and heritage, but I don't know if the height / stem height is different.

There were OQ case watches that used a 1570 inside: The 1630 as you mentioned. http://forums.watchuseek.com/f29/fs-rolex-1630-datejust-oysterquartz-case-1040559.html 

I see what you mean about the chapter ring, there. The way that ring dips down makes me think that the 1570 is way thinner than the 5035, and the ring takes up the difference in height. It moves the movement away from the crystal so the stem lines up. 

Do you already have the 3035? Do you already have the OQ case? Or is this information gathering before you sink money in the parts?