When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Didn't take long for my replica rolex to stop working

Guest rolexuk

Guest rolexuk

My newly aquired replica rolex datejust watch stops working when left static for a period of time ie when taken off and put on side by morning it's stopped working yet pick it up and miraculous starts working again?!. I didn't pay the world for it but thought it would last this year out. Put me off buying reps was planning on getting another in few months but not sure now 1 week is no time to enjoy the watch a watch.

Automatic watches don't have batteries so they rely on being worn or wound. Try giving it a full wind and check out the power reserve it may just be a short power reserve. When you pick it up it kick starts the movement so that's why it starts again.

• Like 1

I actually had a Grand Carrera RS2 21j junker (my second ever rep, pre forum days) and it would stop occasionally, sometimes even while I was wearing it. I'd look down and it would have lost 30 minutes over the last 3 hours. Not losing a predictable amount of time but stopping and then starting again.

I'm not sure what you paid for this watch but if you stick with the Asian clone movements you should be alright, throw in a $100 service when the watch arrives (I don't do this but it's an option that some do) and it will perform as well as a gen for years to come.

Have you wound it. You know you have to wind those watches. You knew that, right? If it sits for a couple of days, it will stop. reserve is around 36 hr. You need to wind it 40 times. If you have to ask me how to do that, Im not going to answer you.

• Like 1

If you are fairly active, 8 hours wearing the watch should make it run for 24-36 hours after taken off. Next time you wear it, slowly wind it about 25 or 30 turns before putting it on and wear it all day. After wearing it, park it and see how long it runs. If it stops in 8 to 12 hours you have trouble but if it runs 24 to 36 hours it is probably all right.

If it turns out to be Ok, you can get by with just putting it on each day without winding it as long as it runs all night.

Many automatic movements, both Asian and swiss are not in top condition when installed in replicas and your experience is not out of the ordinary.

"If you are fairly active, 8 hours wearing the watch should make it run for 24-36 hours after taken off. Next time you wear it, slowly wind it about 25 or 30 turns before putting it on and wear it all day. After wearing it, park it and see how long it runs. If it stops in 8 to 12 hours you have trouble but if it runs 24 to 36 hours it is probably all right."

Do that!

Epic thread! This is indeed a friendly and patient forum!

Over at other RWG they would have flamed him alive!!! LOL

To be fair NOBODY was born knowing about everything. It's all learning. What I love about this forum in particular is it's friendliness. What good would have come of hanging the OP out to dry except making the flamer look like a douche and losing a new member.

Most ALL other forums come with an army of self appointed forum police and over zealous moderators who think they are big-shots because they get a bit of perceived 'power' in anonymous internet land.

They stomp around deleting threads and picking on newbies and generally treating members like children. As a result they tend to behave like children in return and the problem perpetuates. Here it's adults treating adults like erm adults.

Fair play guys  B)

ps not all mods behave like this but the ones that do sure stand out.

• Like 1

But it's an AUTOMATIC!

It should set the time automatically, and the date, and the day. And wind itself!

And put itself on my wrist when I wave my hand above it! It's an AUTOMATIC!!!

:D

Bvc? What u mean my man?

My apologies rolexuk. My comment was designed to draw attention to the fact that your post was noob and idiotic in nature.

Upon closer examination of my motives I deduce that actually what happened was that I saw the opportunity to capitalise on my own feelings of inadequacy regarding my knowledge of rep watches by drawing attention to yours, in the hope the community would side with me and flame you. Thus making me feel I was better than you. (Text book bullying tactics in other words)

Upon reflection this was wholly immature on my part, and I apologise unreservedly. In turn the positive response you recieved from the members here only served to highlight the fact my comment was unfair.

Please forgive my little outburst.

Bvc

Ps lets be friends!

• Like 1

Guest rolexuk

Bvc I would say my post was indeed noob and idiotic in replica watch chat but certainly not in nature and I new what you ment but instead of retaliatting I played dumb, sweet to highlite your behaviour like I said when it comes to replica watches I'm dumb, but the very opposite in real life, I earn my living from being cunning. Often making somebody feel big can actually make them be small. Bet you learned a lesson and no hard feelings my part

In all honesty, it was the members here and the kindness they showed you that taught me the lesson and prompted me to evaluate my motives for posting, however I'm more than happy for you to take the win mate.

You have ignited my curiosity though, What line of work are you in? I'm intrigued!