When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex Deep Sea lovers - Check this out as an alternative (Raven Deep Tech 42)

FROGMAN

So I've been buying and selling a lot of gen watches lately but all from micro manufacturers (i.e. Helson, Armida, etc...). I've had my eye on a few smaller brands but the one that really stands out is from a company called Raven. Many of you know the name but the same guys that own this brand also own Benarus. I've heard a lot of great things about them so I found one on another gen forum and took the plunge. Price point new is ~$750. I picked this one up for under $640 shipped to my door and it was 30 days old. The previous owner had a 6.5" wrist and it was too big. It does wear big...alot like my gen Breitling SuperOcean Steelfish but a little more top heavy. The watch has both Rolex and Tudor vibes. Yep, it even has lugholes. Just a fun piece.

Honestly I didn't know what to expect but DAMN the watch is amazing. I went with the Raven Deep Tech with date and the blue lume. If you love the Rolex Deep Sea, and want a lower price gen alternative...this is a great option folks. Remember this is a gen and not a rep. You can really feel the quality and actually dive with it! Not that I'll be going to 8200ft anytime soon smiley.gif

Rolex Deep Sea
rolex_sea_dweller_deep_sea_lume.jpg

Raven Deep Tech 42
http://www.ravenwatches.com/deeptech.php

I'll post some pics later but for now here are a few borrowed from others:
11.jpg
07.jpg

• 5 months later...