When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Scammed? Bought a gen 3717 dial

Rolexman

I think it's rep. Gen IWC dials don't have such thick/embossed and rounded indices, they have complete flat indices. And the colour of the lumed indices doesn't differ from the colour of the other indices. Possibly it' gen but then (I think) it's relumed. Also the indices in the subdial shot are too grainy in my opinion.

Edited by higginsd
  • Like 1

I think it's rep. Gen IWC dials don't have such thick/embossed and rounded indices, they have complete flat indices. And the colour of the lumed indices doesn't differ from the colour of the other indices. Possibly it' gen but then (I think) it's relumed. Also the indices in the subdial shot are too grainy in my opinion.

He already said it's rep...

I used a gen for reference and when you look at 10x macro the lume is also ever so slightly domed on a genuine.

First I removed the hour markers. Grinded them down and beveled the edge a bit. Than relumed. Also reworked the date cut outs.

Currently the movement is torn down and serviced. All screws replaced by silver ones. Auto wind bridge with the circular pattern striping installed and IWC rotor with swiss baring to top it of. Al that is needed is a gen strap to compete this project.

Still thinking about bevelling the crown on the case side to get a more gen like appearance.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...