When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Black Monster

Pugwash

I picked this up on eBay recently, received it yesterday and put it on a 20mm NATO strap, as I found the rubber strap a little long and the end flapped a little. It's very rugged and makes me want to find something manly and adventurous to do.

165098-11298.jpg

165098-11299.jpg

165098-11300.jpg

165098-11301.jpg

165098-11302.jpg

ps. That's a watermark on the crystal. I wiped it off once I'd seen the photos. If it were a proper rep review, I'd clean the watch and reshoot. As it's not, I can't be bothered. :D

• 2 weeks later...
Monsters are about the best diver / beater that any WIS could have in their collection, regardless of price.

Nato looks good, thanks for sharing.

I have two Seiko Monsters- one Black and one Orange. They are a bargain- especially if you can get them under US $150. I love the way they look and not many watches can beat their Lume. There are a few things that keep them from being the "Best Diver / Beater" for me: Cheap inaccurate movement- It's automatic, but you can't wind it- you have to shake it like a dork to get it going. Also, the Crystal isn't sapphire- it's a very scratchable glass. To me, it's not a beater if you are afraid to wash your car with it on.

The Best Diver / Beater?

There is no question: The Marathon SAR.

173069-9101.jpeg

Also, the Crystal isn't sapphire- it's a very scratchable glass. To me, it's not a beater if you are afraid to wash your car with it on.

The crystal is hardlex, a laminate of glass and something scratchproof. It's not that scratchable ...

ps. How much is that Marathon? Same price-range?

• 2 weeks later...