When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Is there anyone who can build a watch from scratch?

positivitony

Hi guys, I'm having a bit of a problem. I really want the RM Bubba Watson, but since reps don't exist yet, is there anyone out there that can make one? Or at least just make the movement then I can swap out the one from the skull watch that rep sites already sell. Is that even possible? Sorry guys I'm really confused haha :p

Wow, the RM Skull Tourbillon cost $618 in the Asian 21j version.....

Your best bet on these is to get a Felipe Massa with the A7750, it will still be inaccurate but from a few feet You couldn´t tell.

AP´s are more bang for the buck

As for Your question: It´s not possible, the best You could get would be a sticker made of plastic and painted in any colour;

To make a rep:

1. learn Chinese and make friends

2. pay for 500 reps upfront

3. get the rep-makers a gen so they can dismantle it (being destroyed in the process)!

The end-product will be the most expensive rep ever - lol

Wow, the RM Skull Tourbillon cost $618 in the Asian 21j version.....

Your best bet on these is to get a Felipe Massa with the A7750, it will still be inaccurate but from a few feet You couldn´t tell.

AP´s are more bang for the buck

As for Your question: It´s not possible, the best You could get would be a sticker made of plastic and painted in any colour;

To make a rep:

1. learn Chinese and make friends

2. pay for 500 reps upfront

3. get the rep-makers a gen so they can dismantle it (being destroyed in the process)!

The end-product will be the most expensive rep ever - lol

Thanks for the advice. I'll wait it out to get a decent RM rep. What's the closest to gen AP I can get my hands on?

Hi, my vote goes for the AP Diver V5.1 or V6 in Stainless steel. Comes with a fantastic quality hard rubber strap. There is a new one in rg and Titanium, it´s lighter. The AP Diver not only looks, it also feels gen, it´s what is fantastic about it. The Ap chronos and there are dozens of them are beautiful and well made but You´ll need to get a strap ($200 extra) and the movement with running secs at 12 may cause problems on top of their $500 or more price.

IMG_2428cr.jpg

Alternative: The APRO 15400

AP1024seas_framed2790.jpg

Hi, my vote goes for the AP Diver V5.1 or V6 in Stainless steel. Comes with a fantastic quality hard rubber strap. There is a new one in rg and Titanium, it´s lighter. The AP Diver not only looks, it also feels gen, it´s what is fantastic about it. The Ap chronos and there are dozens of them are beautiful and well made but You´ll need to get a strap ($200 extra) and the movement with running secs at 12 may cause problems on top of their $500 or more price.

IMG_2428cr.jpg

Alternative: The APRO 15400

AP1024seas_framed2790.jpg

I really dig the top one with the rubber strap. Can you shoot me a link to where I can get one?

Most trusted dealers carry it, the one pictured is from Torobravos and the V5.1 version. There is a newer version V6 out meanwhile, ppl can´t decide which one is better, the numbers on the inner bezel ring look better to me on the new one (slightly smaller).