When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Sold as Asian 2836 clone - fitted with Asian 2813 Highbeat

Smab

Hello fellow members. Hope to get some input from you to enlighten the issue with the "new breed Asian 2813 Highbeat 28.800 25j" movement, these show up as budget options on some Rollies, but also in some models not budget at all (i.e. SteelFish SuperOcean V2 Asian Clone 2836-2). Planet Ocean Ceramic Asian 2836 clone etc.

Seems the BP factory are using this budget movement and calling it an Asian Clone 2836, and the models are priced in the upper 200 lower 300 ish price range.

At the same time the same movements are sold as it should have been, as a "A2813" highbeat at prices ranging from 150-ish up to lower 200 ish.

Who is scamming who here? The factories, the dealers?

The 'A2813 high beat' might be the DG 4813...it is a fast beat (28800bph) Miyota clone similar to DG/NN etc Miyota 8215 clones.

From my experience with them they are Ok as long as you are fairly active as the reserve is not too hot. All mine keep good time though.

They are not '25 jewel' movements same as swiss Eta but probably somewhere between 20 and 25, I never took the time to add them up. They look just like a regular NN '21 jewel' movement except they have a smaller balance wheel. All my 4813 are gold tone where my regular DG 21j movements are silver colored.

My experience = owning 3 or 4 watches with he DG 4813 and all seem to have low reserve unless you hand wind them now and then or are fairly active and wear the watch 8 hours per day or more. As with all movements in replicas and cheapo watches there is no way to know what you are getting because of poor handling and a not very clean assembly environment. I also have doubts about proper oiling from the factory.

The A2824/36 etaclones are entirely different as you know and are said to be better movements than the 'A21j'.

Hi automatico, unfortunately it's not that way. They're cheap clone of the clone... They look like an era clone, but they're much worse. Main problems with reliability, problems with crown stem and so on.

one of the thing to check for them is that they use screws instead of clasps to keep the dial attached. There's a thread on them here too. Maybe in the scam area, don't remember.