When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Wristies: Thursday, 19 June

Jkay

Lovely 6542! Details?

thanks mate, appreciate your judgement. a build from the great denimhead and big daz

Puretime exclusive 6542

Phongs Chrome plated brass bezel set

GS Nos condition plexi

Eta 2846 GMT converted to Cal. 1036 function

Big Daz dial and hand work

I really love it

Gesendet von meinem iPad mit Tapatalk

Dave you are officially my cuff link hero. I collect them too but this time of year I don't wear as many suits....

Sent from my droptop using telepathy.

Ah thanks! I sit in an air conditioned office all day, so I don't care if its 80-90 out.

I still wear my tie & cufflinks!

;)

Dave...

Me too but drive a droptop to and from:)

What do you drive? I have a Cooper S HiGate convertible. I've been a droptop guy for all of my 57 years!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What do you drive? I have a Cooper S HiGate convertible. I've been a droptop guy for all of my 57 years!!!

Cool ride, love the Mini's especially the S models.  Me too, my whole life.  Mostly old Corvettes my favorite being my 1966 L88 427 Roadster, which I sold a few years ago :bangin: .  Last few years driving Audi's.  I live in an area with 4 real seasons so the Audi is perfect all wheel drive cabriolet for the sun and snow.  Usually have the top down from April through September.  Currently have a 2010 A5 Cabriolet Black on Black with an S package and a Stasis chip.  But......I ordered a 2015 S5 Cabiolet in Silver with what they call Platinum wheels--more like a smoked black wheel.  I just got an email that it is in production and will ship from Germany on 6/23 to arrive in the port of Seattle on 7/14.  Be one of the first 2015 Audi's in the US.  Not sure what I am more excited about the new ride or my GMT 16750 Franken which is almost done.  The watch took way longer to build than the car ;)

Quick pic of the current ride because, "no pics it didn't happen"

post-60288-0-75983800-1403213520_thumb.j

Cool ride, love the Mini's especially the S models. Me too, my whole life. Mostly old Corvettes my favorite being my 1966 L88 427 Roadster, which I sold a few years ago :bangin: . Last few years driving Audi's. I live in an area with 4 real seasons so the Audi is perfect all wheel drive cabriolet for the sun and snow. Usually have the top down from April through September. Currently have a 2010 A5 Cabriolet Black on Black with an S package and a Stasis chip. But......I ordered a 2015 S5 Cabiolet in Silver with what they call Platinum wheels--more like a smoked black wheel. I just got an email that it is in production and will ship from Germany on 6/23 to arrive in the port of Seattle on 7/14. Be one of the first 2015 Audi's in the US. Not sure what I am more excited about the new ride or my GMT 16750 Franken which is almost done. The watch took way longer to build than the car ;)

Quick pic of the current ride because, "no pics it didn't happen"

attachicon.gifaudi3.jpg

Oh nice on the S5!

I had a clk Benz cabrio for a few years and loved it until I got an $8000 repair bill for a failed balance shaft in the engine. Took me 2 weeks to trade it! ;-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

GS? 455?

I wish! It was a basic 1966 Skylark with a 350 in it. Fun to drive, but no Real power.

It was a very clean car and it got a lot of thumbs-up from people when driving it.

Previous 'Toy' was a 1959 Chevy Apache Pickup with a 283 .30 over.

In between these I had a Harley Road King, completely custom built with an S&S 124,

Baker 6-Speed, Rinehart Dual Exhaust, Barnett Scorpion  Clutch & tons of Chrome

116.jpg

9.jpg

Ah yes, 'TOYS', got'a have them ;)

Dave...

I wish! It was a basic 1966 Skylark with a 350 in it. Fun to drive, but no Real power.

It was a very clean car and it got a lot of thumbs-up from people when driving it.

Previous 'Toy' was a 1959 Chevy Apache Pickup with a 283 .30 over.

In between these I had a Harley Road King, completely custom built with an S&S 124,

Baker 6-Speed, Rinehart Dual Exhaust, Barnett Scorpion  Clutch & tons of Chrome

116.jpg

9.jpg

Ah yes, 'TOYS', got'a have them ;)

Dave...

yeah but do you ever ride it ?

Yes I use to drive it a lot. But it was like 3 hours of riding followed by 3 hours of cleaning. Nothing wrong with keeping your ride clean.

• Like 1

Hehehe, it's just that I'm a lazy sod :)

My bike and car both sport the 'lived in' look, just a little bit dirty. Not too much though!

Cars are easy, I have about 5 hand wash places within a few miles of me, and my usual one does a very good job. Of course the garage has the bikes in, so the car lives outside and gets dusty quickly.

The bikes washed every few rideouts. The thing that takes the time I find is soaking the dead, baked on flies. And doing the wheels properly. And the swingarm, covered in oil or chain lube (depending which bike it is).

I used to know a guy, great bloke, who religiously, every week, would strip his bike (sports bike) down, all fairings off, wheels off, cleaned, dried, polished, buffed, back together. The two bucket system plus half a dozen toothbrushes every week, plus expensive wash and waxes.

I must admit when I go window shopping and look at used bikes, some of them probably look like mine, used, and some of them look showroom fresh - it's the parts I can't even figure out how to reach, like right behind the clutch cable entry into the crank case, that is immaculately clean, and you can tell it's always been that way as there's absolutely no ingrained dirt.

I mean, they must remove the cable to get behind it, or use microscopic fairy toothbrushes! I've tried to get to those places with a pressure washer (can always tell when someone uses one to clean their bike a lot) and tried 'Gunk' degreaser, shifts the dirt but not the staining in the crankcase cover metal that doesn't take long to form.

I think I've cracked it though!

ACF50! Spray on, it protects the nice clean bike, repels water, resists rust, protects everything.

Get new bike, cover everything with ACF50, ride for 2 years, never washing it. Before you sell it, you give it a good wash once, the ACF 50 comes off revealing a like new bike underneath! Result! :)