When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Hunting For Breitling for Hubby

Here's the watch the kids and I got him for Father's Day. It retailed for around $1300 but I snagged it for $499!!  That's my wrist by the way  ;)

post-64963-0-65097500-1403798039_thumb.j

Edited by Girln2watches

I'd vote for a nice Steelfish Superocean v2. I think I'll be buying one myself pretty soon. I bought a SFSO v1 back in 2010, and I was blown away by it. At the time it was considered one of the best reps ever produced. The consensus is that the new version blows the old one out of the water, so it must be pretty incredible. I can't wait to get my hands on one.

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to defend the A7750. I have quite a few and I have found them really reliable. Compare this to the last couple of Asian eta clones have bought, They have not worked we'll at all. Low reserve and loose time during the day. I had a B01 that was stolen, just ordered another to replace it. It was a fantastic rep.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 6 months later...

Is there such a thing as super reps that even a watch expert would have a hard time knowing it was rep by looking and holding?

I just want to make sure I do right by my hubs and not get something that embarrasses us both.

Edited by Girln2watches

Is there such a thing as super reps that even a watch expert would have a hard time knowing it was rep by looking and holding?

I just want to make sure I do right by my hubs and not get something that embarrasses us both.

There are, and you would have to ask other folks as well, because the list of "super reps" varies according to who makes the list!! I do believe there was a thread here about the best reps of 2014 (I looked, couldn't find one with a list) Perhaps you should start a thread with "What do you think are the best (Super reps) from 2014"?

From what  I have read, the Breitling Steelfish is a really good rep. In fact  I believe that it was one of the ones mentioned further back in this thread . I might add the Blancpain Fifty Fathoms is a really really nice rep. There are some threads here and on both RepGeek and RWI (which is the only forum that has a dedicated Blancpain forum) The Stainless steel /black dial version is a great watch. It also comes in S/S with a blue dial and Rose gold/Black dial. I have the Rose gold version, and will probably get the blue dial version if the next version fixes a small almost indiscernible dial problem.

To be perfectly honest I'm not at all impressed with the watch you bought your husband. It's way too busy for me, and that big crown@ 9 looks like it would be really uncomfortable. But to each his own, I'm sure they are selling or the company would pull them, or possibly they aren't selling hence the deep discount. When a 1400.00 USD watch or anything else for that matter is discounted down to 500.00 USD there is usually a reason. Another piece of unsolicited advice, watches from companies that are not watch companies usually sell at a very steep discount and are hard to sell on if you decide later that you don't like it and you want to sell it and get something else. Probably not the case here, because it's a special present for Fathers Day, it will always be around, possibly not worn, but it will be around. :)    

You have a couple of weeks to look around as Chinese New Year is upon us and all the factories, dealers and probably the Post offices close down. Work and shipping to resume around Feb 28th  I believe.

Last , since you are in Arizona, you will probably be OK, as your packages should clear in LA, The reason for the warning, the US Customs Service is seizing a lot of counterfeit goods in Chicago. I would definitely not buy more than one watch at a time, because while they are seizing single watch shipments, the more you have in the package the more likely to attract attention. Also make sure that you and the dealer are on the same page regarding customs seizures. Most of the dealers will reship a watch/watches with proof of customs seizure, but before you buy, you need to make sure that the dealer will.  

Good luck

Really great info and I appreciate your honest input and opinions a so much. Most of my other "items" go through SF and so far it's been ok.

I'll take your advice about not buying watches that aren't made by a watch maker, makes sense. Hubs liked that Oakley watch that's why we got it, but we have alot to learn! We have several Invicta ' s too and have no idea if they are good to collect, we just liked the way they looked back when we got them a few years ago. Not sure what to do with them now since we don't wear gold these days.

Again, thanks so much for your help and for taking the time to share your knowledge with me.

Edited by Girln2watches