When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Blue LMTi 45mm?

pcardoza

Hi All,

I see on Toro's site, that he has a Blue, Liquidmetal Dial, Ti case PO @ 45mm.   While I love my LMPO, I find myself much more attracted to larger diameters.   

Has anyone had their hands on one of these, who might comment on the quality of the rep?

Thanks in advance!!!

I haven't seen a review or posting about these either.  The display caseback is a bit of a bummer, but if it really is an actual titanium bracelet and case, that more than makes up for it in my book. The price is good enough that I'm sorely tempted if it's really Ti.

TrustyTime has it too with more pics and a short QC vid.

Who's got one?

Edited by dovo1695

This is a true Titanium case and bracelet. I have one my self, but not from Toro. It is the same model though, the BP factory 45,5mm Ti Liquid Metal.

The Ti is much, much lighter than an SS watch. It is a little darker also, if one is not used to Ti, it may feel a little light (missing some of the heft one would expect from such a large watch). The Ti model is almost 100 grams less than the SS model.

The pictures from Toro' site are of the older version, but he carries the updated version like the ones from the cartel dealers.

So, the problems with the pearl are now sorted out, and the bezel and dial have a very nice metallic blue shine, changes color by the light, like the GEN.

But, whereever you choose to by from, do NOT choose the Asian clone, it is a crap movement, not the one they state as "Asian Clone 2836", but rather a clone of the Asian clone (also called new breed highbeat A2813).

Edited by Smab

Thanks for the follow up Smab. Great tip on avoiding the A2836 version. Those worthless clone of the clone movements are showing up more and more. I'd rather get the watch with an empty case and a little plastic baggy with crown/hands/datewheel than a COA2836.

I'm really puzzled as to why these haven't been talked about more. You're the only person I've heard from that even has it. How does the updated version with the corrected pearl stack up against the 42mm LMPO "super-rep" that everyone loves. It's odd that the 42mm LMPO wins rep of the year at RWI and the 45mm LMPO Ti get's nary a peep.

What are the odds you'd be willing to post some pics and a short review?

X2!   Pics and a review would be most appreciated.   I have the LMPO 42mm and while the quality is amazing, it's just too small for my personal taste.   I don't see it getting much wrist time  and the 45mm might be a much better option for me.   

Thanks for the follow up Smab. Great tip on avoiding the A2836 version. Those worthless clone of the clone movements are showing up more and more. I'd rather get the watch with an empty case and a little plastic baggy with crown/hands/datewheel than a COA2836.

I'm really puzzled as to why these haven't been talked about more. You're the only person I've heard from that even has it. How does the updated version with the corrected pearl stack up against the 42mm LMPO "super-rep" that everyone loves. It's odd that the 42mm LMPO wins rep of the year at RWI and the 45mm LMPO Ti get's nary a peep.

What are the odds you'd be willing to post some pics and a short review?

• 4 months later...

I have theLMTi from Joshua on a  Ti strap. As has been mentioned it really is impressively light and hasn;t picked up scratches. If you are wanting a rubber strap because of the weight, you may be pleasantly surprised how well the Ti bracelet wears.

N

I want both - rubber and Ti bracelet... :) Rubber is to be used in holiday season when wearing shorts and T shirt. And bracelet is used when at work and wearing a suit.

----------

RE: PayPal

It is my first rep purchase. I am bit afraid to buy without PayPal and to have it shipped to EU. Toro refused to provide me PayPal payment option. So, now I am looking to buy from Perfect Clones (not sure yet, if they will provide me with the PayPal payment option or not).

RE: Movement

Perfect Clones has "Asian Clone 2836" and "Swiss eta 2824-2" movement options. In some topics it is suggested to take asian as it is new, cheaper, works fine and "swiss ones are usually second hand, dirty and etc". 

BUT - user Smab warned above about Asian Clones. However, was it warning about "Asian Clone 2836" or "Highbeat 2813"???

Edited by Silwer

As no one answered, I tried to find out info about the bad asian movement used. Here is picture that shows well what to avoid.

On the left there is Clone of the Clone "SBIHRZ2" and on the right there is Asian ETA 2836. I marked instant visual differences with red ovals. Bad copy has screw dial foot retainers. This shold be well visible even through the glass back of the watch. 

post-68102-0-93114300-1416045092_thumb.p