When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Is it me, or WSO/ewatchparts?

DC109

I am beginning my first franken build--or really just saving on a gen with with some fake parts: a 1675 with gen case and pre-hacking 1575.  I got a hand set and complete bezel assembly from Wholesale Outlet, AKA ewatchparts.

Last night I tried fitting the hands to the movement, and they're not even close to the right size.  I even took the GMT wheel off the movement and tried fitting the GMT hand with a plastic press, giving it about 20-40lbs of pressure, and it just sat on top.  Looks to me like the inner and outer diameter of the wheel and the hand are exactly the same on each, and there's no way it's going on.  As for their bezel assembly, which is "guaranteed" to fit gen parts:  the insert (which looks pretty good, I have to admit) is about 1.5mm smaller in diameter and is a tight fit, meaning my gen Pepsi is going on without sanding, which I won't do to a gen insert.  Granted, this is my first build using gen parts.  Am I doing something wrong, or does WSO/ewatchparts just have terrible quality control?

Finally, the "complete" bezel assembly, which shows all four parts in the listing, didn't have a tension ring, which adds to my sense that it's not just me...

post-46592-0-94261400-1403791328_thumb.j

WSO/ewatchparts has a long history of selling crap. The only thing I buy from them are their 7030 submariner tubes.

He'll generally take back stuff if it doesn't fit.

But I avoid him for the most part- try Clark's Watch Parts instead

There's a reason Freddy calls him Mr. Slimeball!

ah yup.

their bezel assembly for a 16610 let moisture in

their T19 is too large that a gen bezel insert wont fit over it, ironically even their own 5513 bezel insert wont fit over it. which is too bad because i actually find their T19 shape to be extremely close to a current 25-19 service crystal.

avoid them

5059745234_d265e55766_b.jpg

I argued at length with the guy on a bezel that both would not fit (wasn't close) a gen sub and was likely for a different model No CG sub (shape was all wrong). Yet he argued that I was incorrect and that his parts were good. It took several conversations to get him to do a refund but he eventually did.

Thanks for the replies, all!  He responded asking me to "send measurements" for the hand size I need… even without calipers, finding the 1570 hand sizes is easy enough, but I responded pointing out that the 1570 uses the same hands every time, so I really shouldn't have to do this for a set advertised as fitting a 1570.  As for the bezel, his response was "our insert should fit just fine," totally missing the point about compatibility with gen.  Didn't even address the missing tension ring.  "Mr Slimeball" may apply, but it seems like attention to detail/basic intelligence level might be just as much the issue.

My Yuki dial and hands were a missed-delivery today, so should pick it up tomorrow.  I'll post some updated pics (with better color--I realize those pepsis look like cokes) if and when it comes together.