When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Best aftermarket 3135 handset?!

quaresma7

Hi guys I'm in the middle of a 168000/16610 franken project, just I need to get two items. Handset and 3135 DW.
I want to take a genuine date disc but I don't know if exist dw's for 3135 with 6 and 9 open... :g: , If i can't get it ones i'll go for modern and genuine dw. About handset I don't want take a genuine part, original tritium hands are to expensive and I'll need relume for matching with the dial. So do you know wich is the best option in aftermarket 3135 handset?!

Best Regards,

A.

There is no DW with open 6 & 9 for the Y3135. I tried to find extensively & there is no option other than custom made. DWO is not possible with the Y3135.

YUKI sell 3135 hands. Depending on your location, company called Redrooster on eBay UK also sell 3135 calibre hands as does Wholesaleoutlet990 on eBay CONUS.

Good luck with the build.

P.

The original early 16610 subs- R and L serial- had DWs with the open 6s and 9s. My gen R-serial has the original DW- this watch is circa 1988.

photo_zps43b2460d.jpg

A few years ago- 5-6yrs ago, someone was selling a cache of early DWs- NOS- with the open 6s and 9s, but those are long gone.

You could try a WTB on VRF- maybe someone has one lying around. 

The original early 16610 subs- R and L serial- had DWs with the open 6s and 9s. My gen R-serial has the original DW- this watch is circa 1988.

photo_zps43b2460d.jpg

A few years ago- 5-6yrs ago, someone was selling a cache of early DWs- NOS- with the open 6s and 9s, but those are long gone.

You could try a WTB on VRF- maybe someone has one lying around. 

So exist dw with 6 and 9 open for 3135 movement...Intereseting.. :clap2:  :clap2:  Thanks for your information A! I'm going to post wtb in VRF and I hope to be lucky 

You can use a gen 3135 date disc for the Y3135 without modding as far as I know.

As for the hands, on my 16800 build with a Y3135 I used Sean hands, and on my Sub (with a Y3135 movement) I have gen hands

I sent email to etaswiss a few weeks a go but never been answered.. :cry2:

• 2 years later...