When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

QC pics come through and I'm not too impressed..

jpc

well it looks like this has been quite a learning curve. And I'm not a faceless internet turd, and I will hold my hand up and take on all of the advice. I have since deleted the dispute. I ignorantly didnt know the gravity of my actions. 

Everyone makes mistakes and I would hope id be judged on my actions after to try and fix the situation rather than the original ignorant steps I took. 

Ill sit tight having cancelled the dispute and see what the dealer can offer. I am a very particular guy and I would think only a noob would satisfy me. Having said that, the clasp on my 4yr old GMT master II looks better than the one in the photo, honestly. I am not expecting it to be just like a gen, but surely I'm not the only one who wouldnt be quite taken with that clasp.

• Like 1

That doesn't sound bad at all. If somebody wants to reap the rewards of a community they can't be going all Rambo and jeopardising an easy payment method for the wider community. 

I fully agree, I just wish I knew the gravity of opening the case. I honestly wouldnt have done so knowing what i know now. I stupidly thought it would be easier for the seller to refund me if I opened the case. As if it was the correct and proper procedure for receiving a refund on paypal. Whoops.. that was a mistake! :( 

I fully agree, I just wish I knew the gravity of opening the case. I honestly wouldnt have done so knowing what i know now. I stupidly thought it would be easier for the seller to refund me if I opened the case. As if it was the correct and proper procedure for receiving a refund on paypal. Whoops.. that was a mistake! :(

No hard feelings at all mate. It's just rather annoying reading recently a few posts where people are flippantly putting in disputes. But we live and we learn and life goes on.

Ask him to swap out the clasp with a better one.  Angus does that stuff and Andrew should be able to do it, too.  If that was the only issue with the watch, then it is a very simple thing to resolve.

If that still doesn't solve the issue and it isn't up to your expectations when you receive it, then just take the clasp off your other watch and put it on the new one.  Problem solved and happy ending for all.

Edited by Mendota Explorer

Just to update you on the situation, to cut to the chase, I've just received a full refund. Like i said earlier, I cancelled the dispute at my earliest opportunity. Following that the dealer offered to get me a noob. So i went down that avenue. Then things got a bit more confusing. The replies kept coming in via email about ordering the noob, then we seemed to take a step back and it seemed like someone else with half the story was replying. then I was told i need to re-order off the website (but they don't list noob watches) 

We seemed to be going in circles a bit so I asked if the refund was possible, and I was issued with one within 12 hours. So in the end, it looks like we are all square. The dealer assures me it wasn't too much of an issue as the paypal dispute was closed asap and it didnt go any further. He has also (remarkably) said If there anything in the future, please buy from us and don't be put off with whats happened.

Just a note on the forum, some of the replies on here have been very helpful by trying to overlook some errors on a genuine "out of the loop" guy. But some of the other responses have definitely not made me want to become in the loop more. Shame really, Im very active on other forums with varied subject matters. Maybe ill go to back to being more of an irregular lurker. 

and, thanks ken for your support

@jpc please take no offence, if you stick around you will find we are a nice bunch of people it's just we know the damage PP disputes do to our hobby so we are super sensitive to them.

Ken

• Like 1

Just a note on the forum, some of the replies on here have been very helpful by trying to overlook some errors on a genuine "out of the loop" guy. But some of the other responses have definitely not made me want to become in the loop more. Shame really, Im very active on other forums with varied subject matters. Maybe ill go to back to being more of an irregular lurker. 

My apologies if I came off a bit strong earlier in this thread. There have been times when people new to the forum have jeopardised this game for the lot of us and it can be rather frustrating to be honest. But I have the utmost respect for how you've dealt with the problems that you faced from the dealer. Hope to see you around the forum :)