When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My first gen experience

positivitony

Hi guys! I was super bored today, so I decided to go to a local high end watch shop, and DUUUDE I was blown away. All the best watches all in one place. I was totally overwhelmed but I tried on a few things! I tried on a Richard Mille RM011, AP ROO Safari, and a full diamond Franck Muller Casablanca. I wanted to sneak some pictures but the staff was way too strict and didn't allow it :( It was a great trip though! Place is practically walking distance from my house. This post was kinda pointless but just figured I'd share! What was your first gen experience like?

I tried some diamond decorated gold daytonas at canal street

It was an 11 hour flight, but worth it

You might as well say you went to the club to check out hot women, and you didnt make your move. You just looked at em....

Mark - dude that's kind of harsh. He's obviously excited about his experience at a gen AD. We've all been there done that, just didn't share the experience. Cut the guy some slack...

I remember my first experience at a nice AD store.  I purchased a 11613 on my 20th birthday in 1987 from a shop in Seattle.  I still remember that day vividly.  I was so proud to have that watch and it was really the beginning of the Rolex Addiction for me.  Prior to that my daily watch was a Movado museum given to my by a girlfriend. I still like to stop in the high end AD stores and look around, the problem is it is hard for me to walk out without buying something :bangin: .  Now that I found this place I would rather spend my $ building something, but the attraction of another gen is always there.      

I also like to stop in and look at the merchandise at ADs, but unlike droptopman, I find it INCREDIBLY EASY to walk out without buying a watch.  That's probably down to my incredible discipline and willpower, and nothing to do with my financial state...  :D

However, I've never had a problem with taking photos of the watches.  I usually ask permission, pull out the Canon, and start shooting.  The only times I've been prevented from taking pictures were at various rep sellers around Asia.

• Like 1