When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

H-Factory IWC Pilot Chrono Top Gun 3789 V3

GenTLe

Hi All,

guys, does anyone have an H-Factory watch? Not specifically the subject model.

I'd like to get how they're done, in terms of quality.

I'm looking at this beauty :)  http://www.torobravos2014.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=56_133&product_id=531

Ah, about the ceramic case, how delicate is it? I may think that if it falls down it get destroyed... Am I right?

Thanks!

GenTLe

if it hits a ceramic floor just right BOOM...... Just like the Gen an explosion, chipping  or nothing at all,

I've had 3 IWC TG, and have owned 3 others and only have chipped one of them, and it was that bad.......

Hi Gentle,

unfortunately, i cannot comment on the makes of H-Factory watches. But i can comment on the ceramic- I've had my TG 3799 Double Chrono serviced and inspected, and my watchmaker was astounded as to the fact that the case is made of ceramic as per gen. Which means, that handling the watch should be "just like having the real thing".

As for "chipping" and "cracking", my watch has been banged around and fell down a couple of times. I am VERY LUCKY to say that there are no scratches, and no chipping on and off my watch. And i wear it almost every day!

So as to not push my luck any further, I now always put my watch on and off, ONLY on top of something to cushion an eventual fall, like a pillow, over the bed, or over my leg.

Otherwise, i don't feel that this watch needs "special" care. It is robuster than what people and fellow watch enthusiasts may think upon initially hearing that it chips or shatters upon heavy impact.

That in mind, just take care when you put it on/off or when you walk through doorways. I can only recommend this watch! Enjoy :)

That in mind, just take care when you put it on/off or when you walk through doorways. I can only recommend this watch! Enjoy :)

Thanks mate :) Waiting QC pic from Trevor right now :)

I nearly killed a Pro-Hunter rep making it to fall on the ground at the airport (http://www.rwgforum.net/topic/171423-how-to-kill-a-watch-%C2%B0%C2%B0%C2%B0/), so now I became EXTREMELY careful when handling them! :)

Thanks!

So this one: http://www.torobravos2014.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=56_133&product_id=531

Its the 44mm Version!

Is this a very accurate version of the watch?

I read a lot of topics, but no one can tell me which is the best version.

what are the major flaws on this? or its 1:1, only the movement is the tell?

Hope you Guys can answer me :)

Normally i only buy watches with gen parts, but for this, its nearly impossible to find gen dial or gen hands etc..
So I hope you guys can answer me smile.png

Edited by wne

So this one: http://www.torobravos2014.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=56_133&product_id=531

Its the 44mm Version!

Is this a very accurate version of the watch?

I read a lot of topics, but no one can tell me which is the best version.

what are the major flaws on this? or its 1:1, only the movement is the tell?

Hope you Guys can answer me :)

Normally i only buy watches with gen parts, but for this, its nearly impossible to find gen dial or gen hands etc..

So I hope you guys can answer me smile.png

A imho "minor" flaw is the fact that there ceramic is in its colour actually a little lighter, and a little more "greyish" than the gen. The gen is darker and more black. Another "flaw" would be the colour of the Top Gun logo. The original is deliberately faded and not as piercingly "white" as the one on the reps.

• Like 2

A imho "minor" flaw is the fact that there ceramic is in its colour actually a little lighter, and a little more "greyish" than the gen. The gen is darker and more black. Another "flaw" would be the colour of the Top Gun logo. The original is deliberately faded and not as piercingly "white" as the one on the reps.

If I'm not wrong from what I've seen in the qc pics it isn't that light grey on the top gun logo. Let's see when it will arrive :)

• 2 weeks later...