When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Gaugin interest - decent 15400 endlinks

For quite some time I am frustrated by the fact that there are no decent 15400 endlinks. The only options we have are APBands or OEM. The ones from APBands come with a $450 price tag, which is ridiculous!

My brother in law works in some kind of metal factory who produces stuff for the government. Before I buy the APBands endlinks and have them copied by him I need to make sure there is enough interest. Because I would like to do a big batch if possible and I don't want to put down $450 for nothing.

I assume copying is allowed, since they did the same with the OEM ones. And besides that, they are ending up on a rep watch so who are we kidding!

Are there enough people interested?

Do we only need the endlinks or screws too?

Don't get your hopes up yet, he can be a dìck sometimes, so he might as well say no...

That idea is good ... but also not the newest. There have been other members on different forums who tried that.

Please take into account that we have more than 1 replicated 15400 ... BP, cheapo, Miyota, .... I have lost track on the different models. All these come eather on bracelet or (some) also on leather straps, not all are interchangable.

I had my dealer look for a 15400 that can be used with bracelet and additional strap, so far he did not succeed as the holes in the case, the holes in the bracelet, the holes in the endlinks/plots and the size of the plots are ALL DIFFERENT.

So a good way should be to focus on ONE model only, take the model that only comes with a bracelet, try to fit the APbands plots and strap to that model .... if this works, you can start copying the endlinks and members can order APbands straps or from other 3rd party suppliers ...arrrgh does not work this way, a 3rd party strap-maker will need the insert for the strap to make a perfect fit to the case; so one needs to donate an expensive APbands strap to the strap makers as well (errrh and you cannot take the rep leather strap as these use different endlinks, not equal to the APbands plots). 

Sorry to spoil the fun but I need to tell you. The demand is there, but you cannot fullfil all requests for all different 15400´s on the market.

Wish you luck in this project,

Dr. Theo

That idea is good ... but also not the newest. There have been other members on different forums who tried that.

Please take into account that we have more than 1 replicated 15400 ... BP, cheapo, Miyota, .... I have lost track on the different models. All these come eather on bracelet or (some) also on leather straps, not all are interchangable.

I had my dealer look for a 15400 that can be used with bracelet and additional strap, so far he did not succeed as the holes in the case, the holes in the bracelet, the holes in the endlinks/plots and the size of the plots are ALL DIFFERENT.

So a good way should be to focus on ONE model only, take the model that only comes with a bracelet, try to fit the APbands plots and strap to that model .... if this works, you can start copying the endlinks and members can order APbands straps or from other 3rd party suppliers ...arrrgh does not work this way, a 3rd party strap-maker will need the insert for the strap to make a perfect fit to the case; so one needs to donate an expensive APbands strap to the strap makers as well (errrh and you cannot take the rep leather strap as these use different endlinks, not equal to the APbands plots). 

Sorry to spoil the fun but I need to tell you. The demand is there, but you cannot fullfil all requests for all different 15400´s on the market.

Wish you luck in this project,

Dr. Theo

Mad is right. There is a huge demand for these plots. I personally would grab a set.

Extreay hard to build though. Perhaps it could be done with the myota version. I personally now a BP but would buy a Myiota when the time comes.

Yeah I was planning to do the Miyota version. But now Im in doubt whether the APBands endlinks will fit...

Same here: but in my case for the RG version from LORD factory (which is this one -> http://www.torobravos2014.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=18_49&product_id=931 ), so I doubt it is feasible, unless the factory will produce the kit in order to have same gold color tone and perfect fitting...

I've already asked Toro if he can do something, but unless the factory smells the business it will be difficult.

The best would be to have each factory to produce the endlinks kit for its own version, so that, while you purchase the watch, you can add them as an "optional", sure that they'll fit correctly.

My 2 cent.

GenTLe

Edited by GenTLe

Yeah I was planning to do the Miyota version. But now Im in doubt whether the APBands endlinks will fit...

Not sure either. Would have to measure the exact spacing and with of the plots and see if it could fit.

I think someone would have to start with a gen strap and Myiota and look if there is a chance or if the gaps aren't aligned.

Edited by mm..mm

• 1 month later...

Do the BP version - that's the one most people have (with bracelet) since it came out first. By the time Z factory versions (Angus and Miyota) movements hit the market the interest in RO waned due to leather strap limitations.

Weak argument. I say do the most accurate one which is the z fac Miyota version. But whichever you do, you'll be making a lot of people very happy.