When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

This stuff is like an addictive drug...

GenTLe

NOTE: pics from the web, majority from gen pieces

So, in Jan I got a cheapy bad Cartier in Instambul, and I didn't know a fu_k about watches and reps, except that I liked them a lot since I was a child.

Since I in any case needed a nice watch as my old Casio is worn-out like hell, I purchased a gen Junkers 6060-5 (Bauhaus styile) powered by a Miyota 9132 28.8kBPH

junkers-6060-5-bauhaus-series-L-2a_YeR.p

Then I discover this forum, read here and there for one week and finally went for my fist good rep, a Pam164 from Andrew

GenPAM164.jpg

My Polish lady pushed me a lot to get a gen Gerlach one, done in memory of the most famous transatlantic ship done in Italy and docked in Gdynia, so I purchased this one:

1362445d1390956447-bnib-g-gerlach-m-s-ba batorycaseback.jpg

I loved the taste of wearing a well done, heavy watch, so I started to read about calibers, ordered a watchsmith book and pulled the trigger for another repped one, a Pro-Hunter GMT II (at that point my liking for the Rollies wasn't yet done: they looked pretty too commons for me). Over this a nato black nylon strap that fits the watch very well...

gmt-master2-stealth-military-blue-4.jpg

Where to put them? So let's get a 10 pieces boxes with display from eBay...

Then I discovered the RWG shop and placed and order for 200$ horological tools, while on Amazon I've already ordered an ultrasound cleaning machine and some other little stuff...

Then I started to get Torobravo's quality and got a repped Calibre de Cartier and a fantastic noob Omega POLM from him.

cal_de_cartier_silver_lg.jpg omega-planet-ocean-liquidmetal.jpg

And, finally I said to my self "ok, last bunch of watches and then I'll stop for sometime". Well that bunch went far over my prevision....

So I'm waiting now:

- A Bradystrap sailcloth-like leather strap for Noob Blancpain FF

- A Bomber Jacket Leather Watch Band Strap for Tudor BB

- Another watch box

And these ones:

From Sead:

1_IMG_0129.jpg tag-heuer-grand-carrera-calibre-36-rs-ca [fbzsqf.jpg

From Trevor:

3715_Pilots_Watch_Top_Gun_Chrono_CeramicOMEGA-Seamaster-Diver-ETNZ-Limited-Editi

From ToroBravo:

0501074628.jpgbr03typeaviationsteel.jpg 22321.jpg

Seriously, I fu_kin' need to break for a while... At least until October I need a break...

Not from the forum. But for sure from the purchase... It's just too easy and quick to throw money :D

There is no known antidote...

Sorry...

There is a angry wife mate ;)

Hopefully you had good weather op there north my friend how is your beatiful bulldog girl ;)

Seriously nice collection You are putting together and great ones on the way. This will be a lot of fun receiving them and trying out, so maybe You can calm down for a few weeks. When it starts getting really tough I walk over to creation watches and 4 days later something reliable and new arrives from Seiko or Citizen:)

What are You going to use as tools for the BP screws? Read about Torx3 and Torx4 but those are hexscrews....

Seriously nice collection You are putting together and great ones on the way. This will be a lot of fun receiving them and trying out, so maybe You can calm down for a few weeks. When it starts getting really tough I walk over to creation watches and 4 days later something reliable and new arrives from Seiko or Citizen:)

What are You going to use as tools for the BP screws? Read about Torx3 and Torx4 but those are hexscrews....

Thanks Night :)

I forgot to mention that I also took a Citizen (sapphire glass, solar chrono) from Creation W for my lady, after she managed to loose her brand new "Guess" (that I paid) taking it out from the wrist after I screamed her "IT'S NOT A FUC_IN' SUB WATCH!!!" while she was entering in Atlantic Ocean in Portugal...:

FB1200-51A_L.jpg

No problem for the hex screws: I'm a long timer "do-it-you-own" guy and in my lab I've from the 1mm hex key to the 210Nm (154ft lbs) torque wrench, as like from the micro drill to the 55J jackhammer :)

And all in metric sizes as I'm in Italy :)

Don't forget to do a little review of the BR from Toro when you get it. Love this model but heard a lot of different opinions regarding how well rep are these mixture of analogic and double digital dials. Thx in advance

Ok :) It will be in September, by the way.