When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My Nav 01 got a water leakage

Akilles

After 1 min, in a 2 m depth ocean I got salt water penetrated in my new Nav B01. Not very fun when your friends see that your claimed GEN Nav obviously is a fake. Josh stated that "All of my watches are pressure tested in water before shipping". The Nav B01 rep is a beautiful watch and I like Josh but it MAY have a problem with water and rain. So if you have a bought a B01, make a EASY water test and see. It's better that YOU find out first before your friends see it on a rainy day.

Just a heads up for you. Could be that I got a bad piece. Please let me know your test results

Akilles never ever take a rep in the water IMHO, now some go to great lengths to insure water proofing: grease seals check all gaskets  o rings reseat crystal to get just right thinking a rep straight from a dealer is going to good in ocean because josh said so in advertisement well...... Now a gen nav is only go for 3 ATM  here is a guide:

1. 3 ATM: meters/100 feet: Suitable for everyday use. No swimming.

2. 5 ATM: 50 meters/165 feet: Suitable for short periods of swimming. No diving or snorkeling.

3. 10 ATM: 100 meters/330 feet: Suitable for swimming and snorkeling.

4. 20 ATM: 200 meters/660 feet: Suitable for high-impact water sports and some diving.

5. Diver: 150-200 meters/500-660 feet: Suitable for scuba diving and passes ISO regulations.

So you can tell your friends you are a jug head and Nav's are not for water ,you are good there.

Gen specs:

Product Details
Case Material Stainless Steel Case Diameter 43mm Case Thickness 13.85mm Bezel Bi-Directional Rotating Case Back Solid with engraved LIMITED EDITION, Numbered XXX / 1962 Water Resistant 30 Meters/100 Feet Crystal Scratch Resistant Sapphire

Thanks Mike on a bike! I really don't need to swim with my reps but I don't want to be worried everytime it rains. And from where I come from, Sweden, it rains A LOT.

Amen to that haha not Much better here in Denmark haha

Point is that the gen isn't suited for swimming either. So although it sounds a bit harsh: jumping in the water with a Navi is plain stupid. No blame on any dealer here.

You should be glad it isn't genuine ;)

That is the thing i hate about watches 3 atm really for a High priced watch i Always enjoy swimming with my watches but a gen that aint waterproof Well it never gonna be in my watchbox haha ;)

I guess you learn from you mistakes.. but I really hope it will resist water splash. If not, I feel sorry for people who actually pays 7500 USD for a first class watch but still have to put it in a pocket everytime it rains...

It should hold against rain mate dont worry ;)

• 2 weeks later...

You do know that even the gen navis aren't fit for swimming right? The rotating slide rule bezel just doesn't seal properly. The Navitimer family are strictly pilot watches, the Aeromarine series are meant for swimming.

My advice for swimming with a rep is to get a simple, non chrono watch. I personally use the Steelfish SuperOcean. Remove the back, check that the seal is there, lube it and seal to the proper tightness. These things are built for water but in my experience the back is usually nowhere near being tight enough. My Steelfish has been in five different seas, numerous lakes, pools and water parks over the past five years with no problems, Before that I was using Planet Oceans but found that the bezel inserts were just held in with two sided tape and tended to come loose with prolonged water exposure, so the solid Breitling bezels work quite nicely as well.

• 2 months later...

You do know that even the gen navis aren't fit for swimming right? The rotating slide rule bezel just doesn't seal properly. The Navitimer family are strictly pilot watches, the Aeromarine series are meant for swimming.

My advice for swimming with a rep is to get a simple, non chrono watch. I personally use the Steelfish SuperOcean. Remove the back, check that the seal is there, lube it and seal to the proper tightness. These things are built for water but in my experience the back is usually nowhere near being tight enough. My Steelfish has been in five different seas, numerous lakes, pools and water parks over the past five years with no problems, Before that I was using Planet Oceans but found that the bezel inserts were just held in with two sided tape and tended to come loose with prolonged water exposure, so the solid Breitling bezels work quite nicely as well.

Ditto.  I have a genuine Old Navitimer Chronograph and I would not put that anywhere near water. For that matter I would not put any chronograph in water, too many openings in the case.

TimeShare