When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Please help a newbie with his first replica: Hublot Big Bang 7750 movement issues

versaceboy54

Hello all,

My name is Andrew and I am new to this site. This will be my 3rd post. I just received my first replica from Joshua. It's the hublot Big Bang it has the Asian 7750 valjoux movement. The watch is amazing and I'm extremely happy with his service and would highly recommend him.

I tried to educate my self as much as I could about the movement before the watch arrived so I am fully aware of the mixed things that people have said about the reliability of this movement. I know a lot of people recommend an Immediate servicing of the watch and I'm wondering if my watch needs one because the first thing I noticed was how noisy the movement is. When it's on my wrist every move I make you can hear and feel the movement rocking back and forth. I know people have said these movements are noisy in general but I'm questioning if what I experiencing is normal or does my watch need to be serviced and maybe some oil?

If a picture helps id be more then happy to post bc the back of the watch is see through but I'm not sure if you can tell if anything is wrong from a picture?

I would greatly appreciate anyone's feedback on this. Is this normal and if not what should I do? I'm located in New York if anyone knows of someone who services these movements

Thanks in advance

Andrew

Edited by Versaceboy54

Thanks for the response. I'm not familiar with the mechanics of the movements so I don't know if it's the rotor. I really just want to know if the sound that I am hearing/feeling is normal or if something is wrong and it needs to be serviced. I know that servicing is not cheap and I'm willing to pay to have it done if it's needed for my watch to stop making this noise when ever I move my arm or wrist. However, if everyone that has this movement is experiencing the same thing and it's normal then I would have no choice but to live with it.

Thanks for the response. I'm not familiar with the mechanics of the movements so I don't know if it's the rotor. I really just want to know if the sound that I am hearing/feeling is normal or if something is wrong and it needs to be serviced. I know that servicing is not cheap and I'm willing to pay to have it done if it's needed for my watch to stop making this noise when ever I move my arm or wrist. However, if everyone that has this movement is experiencing the same thing and it's normal then I would have no choice but to live with it.

The watch, in normal working situation, should present only 2 noises: the "tiktiktiktik" which is the balance going back and forth, and eventually the rotor.

To get if the rotor is the one making the noise, just take the watch out, keep it vertical in front of you with the case back turned to your face, and move it in an ondulatory movement to make the rotor spinning. You'll get if it is the noisy stuff.

Yes those are the two noises I am hearing. Thank you for identifying what the rotor looks like. The rotor seems to be the nosier movement that I am both hearing and feeling rocking back and fourth with every little movement I make. When I move the watch I can make the rotor spin completely around as well as rock back and forth. I have read that it's possible that the watch came not well lubricated and that may help fix my problem. Is it supposed to be this loud or do you think the rotor needs oil?

Generally speaking these watches are often dry or over-oiled, and I'd not trust anyway the chinese oils they put in there...

Before you think to spry some WD40 in the watch ( joking! ): a 7750 needs like 5/6 different lubricants, so it's stuff for watchmakers ;)

See here: https://secure.eta.ch/csp/DefaultDesktop.aspx  then select Technical Documents on the top, then search for 7750 in the caliber drop down menu, and check the technical communication document :)

Edited by GenTLe

Lol no I know about not using wd 40. I read that thread about that! Those links won't open but I saw that Moebius synt-a-lube 9010 was recommended. I'm actually in the process of sending my gold day date to Mymannmatt for servicing (I'm not sure if you familiar with him) He rebuilds works on gold daydates but he said I could also send him my hublot and he would take a look at it for me and oil it. He said he doesn't work with 7750 movements but if it only needed some oil that it's simple enough that he would be able to do that for me. I know he has a good reputation for rebuilding day dates so I'm fairly confident he can do it. What do you think?

I'm not sure where you are located but do you know of trusted dealer who does work on the Asian 7750 movements in the USA?

That link is very informative and gives you a great understanding of just how complicated the movement is. I would really like to find someone who services these movements and is located in the US. I live in NY and ideally would like to find someone in the NY/NJ area if anyone knows of anyone please let me know

MyManMat is a great guy. His realizations are awesome. If he said he can look at your watch you can trust him.

I'm from the country of your nickname's surname, Italy ;)

Try to pm Mike on the Bike, he also is from NY state and long term member, other than a moderator here.

I would love to go to Italy sometime :)

Thanks for the info I'm gonna pm him and see what he says. Lots of people have great things to say about mymanmat and I'm already sending him my day date so as long as it's only the rotor that needs oil matt said he can do it.