When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Beginner Review of Breitiling Navitimer World White Face

jester69

So this is my review of my first rep watch from Trusty Time. First off I’d like to say I used to be a machinist so I have a keen eye for detail. I still machine just not for work anymore.

So being my first rep and having owned gen watches before, not this high end, but automatics non-the-less, I was prepared to be disappointed. The reason is the pictures people post on this forum. They look fantastic which always makes me weary that the item in real life is not as pretty. You can hide, or for that fact exaggerate, the look of something with photography.

With that I received my watch today, Aug 8. First impressions, it needs a good cleaning with a microfiber towel, just some haze where the plastic was. In the HAND, not on the wrist, it feels a little cheap. Not weight wise but the way the SS bracelet feels. On a real watch I would imagine that it would move silky smooth. The weight is just right, not too heavy not too light.

The bezel was a little rough at first but after moving it a few times it now works smooth.

I wish the crown were a screw down type as it tends to pop out when I go into my pocket for something. It catches on my jeans.

On my watch there were a couple of very tiny scratches, almost dings, on the part where the bracelet is attached. Not a big deal. Noticeable, but only if you’re looking.

The blue stuff to protect the crown and stop watch buttons is hard to get off from in between the B for Breitling. Toothpick here I come.

The main thing I was worried about is the crystal and the watch face, but both are very high quality and beautiful.

I understand why people are bothered by the sunken date wheel. So that might be a mod in my future.

The clasp is cheap and stamped stainless, but functional. Needed a little polishing.

Now that I have a reference of what the watch looks like in person I’ll be better able to judge the QC pictures.

So what are my overall impressions? Well this review might sound negative and honestly I’m not that anal about rep vs. gen accuracy, up to a point of course, but I’m more interested in the watches quality and that it look like it’s a high end watch.

Well I’m very satisfied and have already ordered another watch. Different seller as TT doesn’t have the one I want.

Pics and updates to follow.

• 2 weeks later...

Appreciated this review, interesting read. Congrats. Very satisfied myself with the divers like the Superocean Steelfish and more even with the SO Abyss 42mm.

Are there some specific functions You are using most on the Navitimer? - just curious about.

The bracelet should improve a lot with a thorough oil-bath, bought a very nice Breitling-style leather on strappedfortime.com for mine.