When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

If you could only have 1 watch

Alphadawg

Tough question. Probably a two tone DJ. Gives the option of different metals for accents--belts, ring, whatever jewelry and goes with any color shoes and clothes. Can be worn with a suit or casual. Not my favorite watch of all time but a good versatile piece. Good for business travel.

4cf39b322445aa38364521772af3edcd.jpg

Sent from my droptop using telepathy.

Really a tough question, as there are so many situations where a particular watch just isn't the right fit for the job. You really wouldn't want to take a Rolex Day/Date on a scuba trip, just as you wouldn't want to wear a big clunky dive watch with a Tuxedo. Really a lot depends on your profession, what you do in your leisure time.

Many years ago, before I got into watch collecting. I wore a gen Rolex 1680. It was my only watch. I wore it to work every day ( I was managing my families farming operation).When I dressed up, which wasn't very often, I cleaned it up and wore it with a suit or sport jacket. Wonderful watch, and under those circumstances, it was a good fit. Today, probably that one or my 16610 would be the one. However, today my choice would be my Rolex 16750 GMT, as it is a sport watch, has the GMT function which I need occasionally, and it could be worn with just about anything except formal attire.

c7c54e840e7dd2b135145b5bc171ff97.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

That's a bit like being married and only sleeping with one woman!

Still, gen: easy one, my Seamaster 2254

rep: probably my JLC NSD, but that would change tomorrow and the day after - which is why most of my collection are reps.

Tough question. My Rolexes (16610 and 16710) are "must haves" from collector's point of view. But I wear my Breitling Steelfish the most.

I'd probably take this one.

1.jpg

Tough question. My Rolexes (16610 and 16710) are "must haves" from collector's point of view. But I wear my Breitling Steelfish the most.

I'd probably take this one.

1.jpg

Out of all my watches I agree the steel fish is my favorite. I have the black dial gen.

A 1942 vintage and waterproof Patek Chronograph with moonphase but that I could not take everywhere. The 16570 Explorer II, the 16570 GMT pictured above or the Datejust - but these are all Rolex and You can´t take them everywhere either. A Steelfish is on the wrist but the most versatile one on SS or leather strap I found it to be the

Tudor Blackbay, fine enough for the office and dinner out, rugged enough for the supermarket or the beach, so it´s a go-everywhere watch and gets the most wrist-time.

1024_2396.jpg

• Like 1

I guess it would depend on why you're asking. If you only want to purchase one gen it would be the sub 16610.

My sub would probably be the same answer if I only had to wear one forever. But like most luckily I don't have to wear or own just one.

Dave...

Its this.............do the research and you'll find that its truly one of the most amazing watches ever made. I can remember my mate down in Birmingham Importing them and not being able to give them away at £800.00 a pop

Well the guys at Bathing Ape cottoned on and the rest is history. So if you can find one,invest. Seriously

post-12988-0-54270000-1408397910_thumb.j

If cost wasn't an issue then my grail watch would need to be the Patek 5970.

In this video we see Ben talking with Michael Safty, owner of Madison Fine Time in NYC about several Patek Perpetual Calendar Chronographs;

• 1 month later...