When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

IWC Service and Touch up

crippledjitsu

Hi Guys,

Looking to offload my Gen IWC Mark XVI, but before I do I want to get the watch serviced and the glass and bezel polished (few unsightly dings on the bezel, one slight one on the glass). Can anyone recommend someone on the board who is able to carry out such a task? If anyone can provide a quick turnaround, even better!

Also, could anyone tell me whether the IWC Mark XVI has internal AR, or external?

Regards

Why not send it to IWC factory auth place in Texas. They polish it for free and you get a 2-yr warranty. That adds value and authenticates the watch for the next buyer. They did my 3717 and it looks like new.

6uperage.jpg

vyva9y8e.jpg

nugyzu9a.jpg

zy5aqare.jpg

That IS a servicing. I think the cost would be almost recouped because of the included warranty and authentication. He could sell it for more. They would replace the required parts like the scuffed crystal.

Better if you specify where you are...

That would help immensely no doubt, Im in the middle east at the moment, but will be returning to the UK in 6 weeks.

There isn't an official IWC service centre nearby, the closest one is in London. 

Do you feel that it is better for resale purposes to get it serviced at an official IWC centre as opposed to a normal jewellers?

So I'd wait to go back to UK.

About your question... Well, I'd give a look to chrono24 web site to have an idea of the prices.

If you want to stay in the higher level of selling price then you'd better have IWC to service it.

If the price you've in mind is in the lower part of them, so just give it to an unbranded watch service.