When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Navitimer world

superleggera

6_zps7b59890a.jpg

1075746d1367950200-fs-breitling-navitime

To my eye the numbers on the slide rule insert are a little too far from the edge and the datewheel is slightly sunken. Looks like they did piepan subdials where the gen's seem more flat. Overall an improvement over the last version. I'd wait for a review on the whiteface though as it usually the color that is the farthest off the mark. The gen is more silver I believe. Black is the safest choice,but if you aren't a stickler, go for it.

Edited by andreww
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

where did you get that bottom picture from? Are you trying to compare the two with those pictures? I found that same picture in a forsale thread here : http://forums.watchuseek.com/f29/fs-breitling-navitimer-world-white-dial-bracelet-858786.html

just saw you mentioned this earlier, please ignore my previous post.

• 1 month later...

I have one of these = Received it today ....

it is stunning !!!

Mine has a issue though ; it seems that the hour hand may be one 'step' out of position 

I dont know what to do - return back to Josh who I am sure will help me out ( he is my TD ) or live with it ....

It was super super expensive would just have hoped for better 

Also a point to not that the rotor is so loud and heavy It sound like a very loud kids toy on my wrist !

took a nice pic outdoors

and sorry for the awful indoor pic showing the hand problem

Anyone have a view on what I should do the the 2 problems ? Hands and Noise ?

Any feedback much welcomed

Steve

post-60406-0-85467500-1413819737_thumb.j

post-60406-0-56411200-1413819747_thumb.j

The 2 issues should be relatively easy to fix without sending it back.

The hands would be a 30 minute job for a watch smith.

I presume this is a A7750 movement. Put a WTB add for a 7750 rotor and that swap is minute job once the backs off.

Good luck, I think this watch is lovely. Just too big for my ikkle wrist otherwise I would get one.

Put the crown into hand setting mode and get the hour and minute hand set at 12. Note the position of the 24hr hand and advance the time 12 hrs. Is the 24hr now at the 6 o'clock position but slightly less out of sync as it was before you started advancing the time?

If it is, advance it another 12 hrs and you should be back to where you started with the 24hr hand in exactly the same position as when you started.

If it is, then all that needs doing is the hands removing and resetting to the correct position. A 30 minute job for a watch smith.

If the 24hr hand is at a different position to when you started you have a more complicated issue.

Good luck.

No they are just a friction fit on to a circular pivot. But don't under estimate the care that is needed to remove and re-fit them in to the correct position. They are fragile little fellows :)

Don't dare think about 'nudging' them round to the correct position, they have to come off, re-positioned & pressed on. Not trying to imply you would!

If you was on this side of the pond I would willingly do it for you FOC. Get it done properly, it's a lovely watch.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks ceejay , actually the watch has developed more problems ; one chrono button has fallen out and the bezel and crystal are coming away from the body .... I should imagine that one of the retaining screws has come loose

.... It's on it's way back now ...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...