When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

DeepSea Blue on TT

pcardoza

Received this morning from Toro! Gorgeous piece. The blue/black transition point is slightly off, but I'm gonna size it up tonight and wear it happily! Wish my iPhone took better photos.....

7dd6b41079d296a719ae0c05b5ec0198.jpg

beede7c5357f29086b67acdc0c2fedb0.jpgc51fa53be93bbce658fe4de1b1e7ede5.jpg

913d72f6bf3804f5f27465a4fbc0f87b.jpg

f6413305db837d74fa6fabfff2bfd3fa.jpg

425f01d6bccd82dc46296bda40f843c0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guest mikemcnair

AFAIK there is only 1 out, Andrew and Toro both have it listed, Andrew's is ~ $30 less and his communications are absolutely spot on! Super fast, super friendly! You can guess who I ordered mine from ;)

Guest mikemcnair

Your screen name actually, the MK4 platform TT225 is what I was referring to lol.

The R8 is far superior!!

Friday fun fact: the Audi TT is named after the Isle of Man's "Tourist Trophy" race, the oldest road race in the world (on public roads) NOT "twin turbo" which most folks think it is, even though not a single version of the car was ever made with 2 turbos. [sans the HPA aftermarket kit, but that's not factory in any way])

Your screen name actually, the MK4 platform TT225 is what I was referring to lol.

The R8 is far superior!!

Friday fun fact: the Audi TT is named after the Isle of Man's "Tourist Trophy" race, the oldest road race in the world (on public roads) NOT "twin turbo" which most folks think it is, even though not a single version of the car was ever made with 2 turbos. [sans the HPA aftermarket kit, but that's not factory in any way])

Ahhh now it all makes sense lol!! Thought you had followed me home for a moment!! I have owned a couple of TT's and by far my favourite cars to have owned especially the 225bhp version hence the screen name

Beautiful car. I am an Audi guy. Just got this last month. Special order 2015.

cb012e99a14aa7bf7fa23e8c746a7b81.jpg

FYI I think i will also order one of these watches in my beloved Seahawks colors. Wish they would do the colors on the insert too though.

Sent from my droptop using telepathy.

Yep. I am old.....

Sent from my droptop using telepathy.

No your not if your old i have to settle with im old to conclusion your young as hell ;)

Your lucky you aint living in Denmark that car Would be over a million Danish krone

Denmark is the most expensive place in the World to buy cars ;)

Gorgeous watch. I love the color of the dial but worry about the size of the watch... it wears BIG, currently I do not own anything close to 18mm thick. So that brings me to a question, a personal opinion but how does it feel on your wrist? can you wear it with sleeves?

Another sideways question: Can the back be changed with another case back to lower the watch on the wrist? when desk diving rather than deep ocean exploring?... or am I the only one that might consider such an abomination?

Well it looks great on there is no doubt about it... And the pictures are likewise excellent, I especially liked these two, so thank you for posting them.

Received this morning from Toro! Gorgeous piece. The blue/black transition point is slightly off, but I'm gonna size it up tonight and wear it happily! Wish my iPhone took better photos.....7dd6b41079d296a719ae0c05b5ec0198.jpgf6413305db837d74fa6fabfff2bfd3fa.jpg

Edited by Pontiaddict

Guest mikemcnair

....but worry about the size of the watch... it wears BIG, currently I do not own anything close to 18mm thick. So that brings me to a question, a personal opinion but how does it feel on your wrist? can you wear it with sleeves?

...Can the back be changed with another case back to lower the watch on the wrist?

While it may be possible to change the case back, I would not. It is designed to be the size/shape it is to ensure clearance for the rotor (obv)

As an aside, I spent 9 years wearing a suit daily, so I'm no stranger to being concerned about a watch fitting beneath my sleeve cuffs. This watch (well, the DSSD in general, and as a whole) fits just fine on my shirts that I had made BEFORE trying to stuff an 18mm thick watch under them (btw, I believe the true dimensions are 17mm, not 18. Not that it matters at all, but just clarifying). So I would say you are likely safe. Also, this watch is huge "on paper", but in reality is not that large at all. It wears much smaller than you'd expect. This, to me, is one of the other reasons I find this watch to be a perfect fit for virtually anyone and any sized wrist. I am biased of course, but the DSSD caught my attention originally because of the fact that is looks like a larger SubMariner, which we all know to be one of the most iconic watches ever made, and Subs are just a hair too small for my tastes. So the DSSD DB is just a perfect mesh between iconic/classic style and modern/comfortable sizeing.

Guest mikemcnair

I made some shitty comparo shots using the good photos above and the crappy ones I had and the PERFECT (probably photoshopped) pic from Rolex... So give me a moment or two to upload them.....

Guest mikemcnair

Here we go. Gen photo and rep photos used...

The primary difference (aside from lighting and camera angle) is the fact that the rep has the longer minute marker lines next to "SWISS MADE" at 6. Other than that the rep is pretty effing legit!

Damn "| SWISS MADE | " !!! Lol.

8E2742D2-45C5-4DA2-9407-0706CAC28180.jpg

7E3678EA-C0F8-4BA3-B381-C01BE2B6260A.jpg

19E81624-E7F0-4240-9B8F-A88088E5B292.jpg

Comparisons....

200FC755-4FC0-4CCC-890B-EF47558AD150.jpg

53C66009-9477-40F0-B1F8-B9396A3A8DA8.jpg

DEEC5F41-CF1B-43C9-8F59-676D170F63CF.jpg

E658519C-FBE3-49E5-AB0F-2E84F44F3C91.jpg

5B96295E-A7CB-4BE9-8D6F-5F38A7801264.jpg

Edited by mikemcnair

Well Mike you convinced me with your earlier post, just waiting now for the final confirmation from Andrew...

The comparison shots are icing on the cake, this DeepSea Blue is an excellent rep. It seems BP has done a fine job with it, even if they quoted Swiss Made! LOL I can live with that.

• 1 month later...