When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

new member!Superavenger questions!Need help

njmaxpayne1

Hello guys!New member from NJ/usa here.I'm in the market for a rep superavenger and from reading on the forums i came to the conclusion that the ones from Tw888 aka trusty time aka andrew is the way to go.now before i get one i need to know a little.i'll try post my questions briefly so it'll be easier to respond:

1-how good is the quality

2 if u got one how long u have it for

3 how much more different is and is it easier to notice with simple look if u hold it in your hand

4 how is the water proofing

5 is there a better place with better quality product than this rather pay the extra buck but be happy 

6 whoever got that watch can u please post pictures with it on your hand or net to a Genuine

7 they only have white and black available i want blue dial.but i'll end up getting the white most likely but saw blue gen dials for sale all over ebay.Have any of you guys did a swap and changed their dial on a rep watch w gen and will it work?is there a vendor repair here on the forum somewhere in the US that does it?

i apologize n advance if i sound stupid and probably any new member posted that million times LOL but don't hate the newbie.If u can post some pics and share some helpfull info that will be really apretiated ! thanks

Wow, that's a lot of questions.

This has been said many times by some very wise people; work out which model you want, look at the various trusted dealers in the TD section, most dealers sell the same watches, there is a very good post that some has written in this forum, read it, look at pictures of genuine watches and compare them with the ones on the dealers website.

You'll struggle to find someone who has both a genuine and a replica of the same watch, you'd buy one or the other, not both.

Remember you're buying a replica of a genuine watch which is a fraction of the cost of the genuine and they all have faults/tells. I own both genuine and replica Breitlings and you will struggle to replicate the purple/blue hue of the Breitling AR coating on the crystal.

Work out what you can live with and what you cant and what you can do, if anything to fix it. Avoid Blue dials on Breitlings, the shades aren't right, you can't easily perform a dial swap as the feet that attach the face to the movement are often in the wrong place.

Good Luck

ok.well i've been debating between the H factory best SA on trusty time in white or black.now the dial that they replicate is that the dial for the 95/96 year models?also it says duble AR coating,but some people point out that the newer GEN watches don't even have it anymore.i understand that it is a replica but will it be possible to tell unless you open it and see the movement.i don't want to walk around and someone recognizes the fake from accross the street lol.i get bored of stuff way to fast,i do have a gen Omega seamaster and a gen Oris....but i also have another 20 watches that i change every day so i really don't feel like paying 4-5k$ for something i'll be out of interest in like a month and ot be able to sell it for even 1/2 of what I paid for it.also it's a huge watch not a lot of ppl will buy it even if i decide to sell it...so thats my concerns.i read good reviews of people having the trusty watches for like 4-5 years and that the coppies are getting better and better.....i'm sure someone here got the exact same one i want and can post pics and chime in some!thanks tho

95/96? They didn't make the SA back then.

As I said, do your own research of both the Genuine and the Replica market to avoid disappointment. AR is always the big tell on Breitling watches and is model dependant along with the sunken date wheel issue which is difficult to resolve.

There are some very switched on people on this forum who can spot a fake Rolex and other brands at 10 paces but your average person in the street isn't going to know.

You're best bet is to look at the M2M sales section in this forum and buy something that has been modded, that way you get the watch you really want, you may have to up your budget though.

95/96? They didn't make the SA back then.

As I said, do your own research of both the Genuine and the Replica market to avoid disappointment. AR is always the big tell on Breitling watches and is model dependant along with the sunken date wheel issue which is difficult to resolve.

There are some very switched on people on this forum who can spot a fake Rolex and other brands at 10 paces but your average person in the street isn't going to know.

You're best bet is to look at the M2M sales section in this forum and buy something that has been modded, that way you get the watch you really want, you may have to up your budget though.

where is the m2m forum. i'd assume that stands for man to man,i looked at in the "want to buy" section but its asking for a special registration in order to post.if i post a WTB thread here i the general discussion forum will that be ok?or the mods will delete it?

It's Member 2 Member, you should be able to access it, do a search for Breitling within the forum to give you an idea of what has been sold and the asking price, sellers usually list the mods they've done to the watch, this gives you an idea of what typically needs dong to a watch to get it to a reasonable standard.

If you see something currently listed, send them a PM, this is a good forum and people are friendly and have a wealth of experience, members are all over the world so you may find a US seller.