When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Need Help AP Bumble Bee or Carbon Diver?

indywatchguy

Hey Gents need your help. I've never owned an AP and never been a fan til the recently released Carbon Diver and Bumble Bee. My dilemma is which one do I chose! I'm a diver and already have a nice collection of dive watches but am always still drawn to them. On the other hand I never use the chrono features on any of my chrono watches but do think they are very appealing and eye catching. I don't want two AP's so which one do I chose!!!! Based on over quality and looks give me your thoughts fellas. Thanks!

As a Diver myself, I wouldn't wear the AP while diving... I think I'm just this classic Submariner/DS kind of guy. The Diver is great and I personally love the Carbon and the rubber strap! Although, the Bumblebee is AMAZING! And I actually sold my Diver for the Bumblebee and loved it! The feel is just amazing and gen like, the diver is great but the BB is wow!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cool! I feel the same! I wear my Rolex Sub diving and swimming all the time. Along with my Hublot Diver 4000 as well. I've been leaning towards the Bumble Bee since they announced it was in production! It's just hard to wear the rep of a gen I can't afford! Hublot Diver 4000 is the only rep I wear I can't afford the real deal. Thanks Elliaz for your opinion!

I found the strap having good quality in comparison to previous AP reps, unfortunately it started to break relatively early so I had to switch to my rubber strap.. I personally would not buy the gen strap if the ordinary one does the job! The 700$ is worth it if you could spend that type of money ol a rep knowing anything couls happen to it..

If you have the Hublot diver then in my opinion go for the BB!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Highly doubtful that this is gen, the buckle shape looks funny. 

anyway, go for the bee if you could only get one AP, and you do not need to wear it swimming or for any rugged usage.

It is a very well made rep, and one of the winners produced by the JF factory. I own one myself, and I would have to say that I am happy with it.

A very well replicated watch, and yes worth the price tag.

I think it's a rep because the buckle engraving isn't there.. And it looks very strange.. 

I don't like yellow that much so I would take the Diver :)

I think it's a rep because the buckle engraving isn't there.. And it looks very strange.. 

I don't like yellow that much so I would take the Diver :)

bro, the diver is an FC diver. Which means there's yellow too. :D

Thanks for all the suggestions gents! I absolutely love the black/yellow color combination and the lightweight of the carbon. Such a unique a mesmerizing timepiece! I must have one!

May I suggest taking a look at the AP ROO 26400au... (check my signature for pics) ;)

Got it from Ryan, great guy to deal with! Fast responses, very helpful and good QC pics. Great prices too, always a few $$ below PT.

There are a lot of very positive reviews about InTime and from my personal experience they're absolutely right. Can't go wrong with Ryan and can't go wrong with the bee...

bcd5d7ecbd70f7d2b81076a3d177d5dd.jpg

Sorry, not water tested - will not get her into water with the (rep) leather strap...

• 2 weeks later...