When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Best Way To Smooth Sharp Edges On Bracelet?

cortopar

IME, I have found that the dremel is too fast and that it's too easy for mistakes to be made. Best idea IMHO is to use a small file and just plug away nice and gently slowly reshaphing the edges, as it's a finesse thing not a "hurry up and look better" kind of procedure.

If you MUST use a rotary device try a simple low speed hand held drill it'd much more ameanable to the task, however as I say the file is my weapon of choice.

Edge

I don't know how hard the "316L stainless steel" the manufacturers claim to use is, but I'm thinking of using either 1) file 2) wet-dry sandpaper 3) dremel at low speed.

I'm not looking to do any serious "shaping," just to slightly knock down the sharp edges.

Advice?

Thanks,

Bob

Get one of those flexible nail polishing board the girlie's use, not the wood, cardboard or metal ones. The flexible 'foam' types. Get some emery paper or wet n dry, wrap a small strip around the end held with your finger. Start rubbing at a 45 deg angle to the bracelet edge and also up and along the edge as if you where whittling a piece of wood. Fold the bracelet as you do this so as you are only working on a few or single link at a time...