When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Apple/i Watch reveal! what do you guys think?

magicpimp

Just watch the iPhone 6/6 plus and apple watch presentations. Some cool stuff, gyro camera that can shoot 120 frames a second etc.

The iWatch or apple watch. Looks smooth and futuristic, with some old school touches. They knew a 'crown' was one of the most important parts of a watch and used it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCluaJe3lb4

It's really ugly and has no purpose. I can't get over just how ugly and useless it is. Shame on you Apple! The only part of it that caught my attention was the face they used in the first part of the presentation was basically a rip off of an audemars dial/hand combo... Not cool

Its exactly what other manufactureres make but with apple log on it. will fail for the same reason others are. Who wants a watch you have to have a matching phone to use, and that you have to charge every night, that tells you what your phone does, and you look like a douchbag wearing it.

Just watch the iPhone 6/6 plus and apple watch presentations. Some cool stuff, gyro camera that can shoot 120 frames a second etc.

The iWatch or apple watch. Looks smooth and futuristic, with some old school touches. They knew a 'crown' was one of the most important parts of a watch and used it.

You are kidding, right?

Why would someone who drives a Porsche or Ferrari want a Prius or Leaf?

i really dont see the point of these except for fitness features.

it basically does what the phone in your pocket does but on your wrist...

idk.. i think its silly but curiosity will have me visit a apple store soon im sure.

if it was a $100 or $200, maybe id get one just to play around with but. almost $400 ($600 for a gold plated one), ill pass.

if i had to have a smartwatch, id prob be more interested in the mechanical/smart hybrid kairos is working on. 

thats a pretty good looking mechanical watch with a touch screen.

It's just one more thing to take our attention off the road or whatever else we should be doing. Our smart phones do it all, a Nike band or shoes can do the fitness stuff so there is very little point of this gadget. It's one more thing you have to charge at the end of the day (or mid day maybe.. yuk)

I do like the looks of the Galaxy round watch, and this apple watch looks OK.

But every time I consider should I get one, I remember that they are NOT smart watches, they're dumb watches with a lovely screen that can't do much without a phone to connect too.

I think ALL manufacturers of these have missed the boat big time. I want a smart watch that syncs the alarms, calendar, phone book, diary, a few hundred songs, with a battery that lasts a few days at least, so I can use it usefully without it having to be in contact with the phone all the time.

I don't want the watch to tell me I've got a call / text, I don't particularily want it to have a mobile data connection, just bluetooth so it can stream stereo audio to my headphones whilst I have my lunchtime walk. The rest, it can remind me of appointments (as it's synched the calendar the previous evening), alarms, yes, it's a phone book that I can look up numbers on to dial them on the office phone. Fitness things would be good too.

And a watch, a damned good watch, accurate to very accurate. Calendar for the next 1000 years. Multiple alarms. Sleep audio music player. Stopwatch. Kitchen timer. Haptic feedback and also vibration for alarms and diary entries.