When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Anyone gonna pre order the iPhone 6?

dbane883

I use my phone mostly for work email and to access charts via VPN. I am in healthcare and like the added security of the fingerprint reader on the 5s. I loved the old blackberrys with the keyboards.

I am not a real techy guy so do not use any phone to its capabilities.

I used a razor max for a while. Good battery life but phone crashed occasionally and collected viruses at times. Then a Galaxy which was a great phone for ability but had similar issues with viruses and crashing and poor battery life.

Never been an apple fan but tried the 5s and have been pleased. May not perform like a droid in some areas but is very stable and easy to use. Does everything I need and never crashes or has any issues.

Sent from my droptop using telepathy.

i had the iphone 2nd gen, ditched it after being frustrated with the functionality and very specific requirements for video files.

after i updated to the new ios and the experience was actually worse on my device i learned i could not roll back from the new ios, it was forbidden by Jobs, most every piece of mdoern software ive worked with had a rollback feature. and then there's itunes, my god itunes! the only thing that crashed on my pc, the whole synching of libraries vs drag and drop into directories with user defined media paths like on android. terrible! I was actually surprised to learn that you had to use itunes to transfer media and assumed i could drag and drop into a media directory via the link cable when all hooked up to the pc.

Also, before i updated to the new ios i "backed up" my device, i learned backing it up does not actually back up your iphone in the way that you think it should, my years of notes i had saved on my device, ALL GONE!

that single home button is far less efficient than the three button android too (app config/settings | HOME | back 1 step), i mean your car has more than one pedal.

no user replaceable battery, no SD expansion, these are important to me as batteries weaken and i wanted all kinds of media on an external card

also never agreed with apple keeping their technology closed source, all bottled in house, it hampers innovation. e.g airplay, DLNA is actually a superior technology, more robust, every electronics manufacturer has adopted it, even SONY, big bad DRM sony, all except apple, they stick to their primitive airplay and more people use it than DLNA (dlna is actually pretty amazing btw). along the same vein i am also reading the new iphone 6's use of the standard nfc has their own closed source twist on it.

Sorry, I don't mean to be rude, but you obviously had a set of specific requirements that your new phone needed to match, and from what you've said you didn't check any of them were met before you purchased the iPhone 2?

If someone wanted an industrial cooker and bought a single sitting vegetable steamer I wouldn't expect that to be able to do what they wanted it to do either :)

Sorry, I don't mean to be rude, but you obviously had a set of specific requirements that your new phone needed to match, and from what you've said you didn't check any of them were met before you purchased the iPhone 2?

If someone wanted an industrial cooker and bought a single sitting vegetable steamer I wouldn't expect that to be able to do what they wanted it to do either :)

actually it was a birthday gift from a well meaning friend... so yeah.

• Like 1

Well, undoubtely the 5S was more beautiful.

Moreover, both (the 5S and the 6/6+) have 1 Gbyte of RAM. Both has a 8 Mpixel camera (albeit slightly upgraded on the 6/6+). And the performance gap between the A7 and the A8 chips is non-existant as shown in this graph

big_rightware_graph.jpg

Edited by horace derwent

Whilst my 4S is working I really can't justify the expense - I'm not renewing my contract for it as I'd buy it outright. When the time comes I'll probably go with a new iPhone, be it 6, 6S or 7.....

• Like 1

Finally got through. 128 GB in space grey. Only one I could get into the cart. Now 3-4 week wait.

cbdce960f74663d9dbe6c6873c655c7c.jpg

Wow guys have you forget it is just a phone ? And in a year it will loose 45% of its value because the iPhone 6s will be launched ?

At this price I prefer add some Extra money and buy a vintage rolex oyster date or Datejust around 1300USD and I am sure it won't loose value.

Whilst my 4S is working I really can't justify the expense - I'm not renewing my contract for it as I'd buy it outright. When the time comes I'll probably go with a new iPhone, be it 6, 6S or 7.....

I also have a 4s and it is an awesome phone ! I would change when the mother board will be KO lol

I kept my 3GS for 4 years and it is still working I have it to my little niece who is 14 yo and she loves it

Edited by ingelero

@Mike on a Bike: cannot agree more !

I mean, since DAYS ...everywhere i read/listed only about iPhones/Apple Watches.

Stop with these NERDY things :)...we like class things like Watches,cars,and good Clothes :)

You think this is bad, try living in the UK at the moment, it's wall to wall bloody Scottish referendum.

No one in England can change the outcome, the changes that it will make to us we can't influence in any way, and yet all the papers, radio and TV keep cramming the crap down our throats!

Sick of it!

My good friend has been up at the store since early this morning, he is on his way to my office with his new 6 plus.  I will check it out in person and see if I will upgrade my 5s.  He is like a little kid, been texting me since 5am......he is an Apple Fan Boy, I am not....but I will try and share in his excitement.  I guess it is like when I talk to him about watches, I am all excited and he just has a blank stare, like I could really give a ******  You have a dozen watches whats the big deal that you are getting another one. 

OK update, he brought it in and it is huge.....It is pretty dang nice.  I think I will go online and order one for my work phone.  Looks like it will not come until 10/21, but no big deal.  They are giving me $300 for my 5s.

I know without pics it didn't happen so here you go.

post-60288-0-76148300-1411141802_thumb.j

post-60288-0-21282200-1411141827_thumb.j